• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally did one of the hardest trails in Colorado!

73bronco

Finally four-wheeled Independence in Penrose Colorado. That is one hell-u-va trail!! Harder than I expected. Dropping in I watched a full tube buggy blow apart a 35 spline 60. That was when I started second guessing my decision to drop in! I still dropped in though. All was going well dropping in, took on a little body damage but not bad at all. Going up patriot(the hard side) I found a rock that I couldn't see and about flipped it backward on the Bronco Hut full tube bronco buggy!! You can see it in the pics with my left front tire about 6 and a half feet in the air! Then all was well until the A-hole(appropriately named!) Walking through nicely until a loud bang. Everyone said whoa rear driveshaft and front axle shaft!! Turns out it was a rear axle blowing up bad. Backing down from that I almost tipped it on its side due to control issues(i.e. no right rear axle). Long and the short of it I couldn't dig the axle out so I went on with only 3 wheel drive. Only had to winch the exit due to 3 wheel drive. Overall I am very happy with the bronco, the trail and the trip! Link to a video dropping in... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb61ABjHUDE

If you check the videos from the same user you can see the Sami I dropped in with.

And pics....

Attachments

• Indy Tire-up.jpg
    Indy Tire-up.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 157
  • Indy tire-up2.jpg
    Indy tire-up2.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Indy A-hole.jpg
    Indy A-hole.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 117
  • Indy A-hole 2.jpg
    Indy A-hole 2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Indy A-hole 3.jpg
    Indy A-hole 3.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 125
  • Indy near exit.jpg
    Indy near exit.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 109

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice pics and vid. clip. Thanks for posting. I have a buddy in Henderson, Co. who keeps trying to get us to come up there instead of Moab for spring break. :)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Awesome pics brother.. Congrats on hitting that trail finally.. ;)

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
When I am done with my Bronco I am going to make a video just like that!

Well, almost, mine will be "Lifted Bronco, dropping down over a parking block @ Park Meadows Mall....."

It will be sweet!

In all seriousness looks pretty fun!
Dennis

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
Great way to test the rig..... Thanks for posting it up....

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
yada yada yada....I made it thru Penrose... Geez, like it is hard or anything. I can walk thru the trail like it is a mountain road......

Course, I don't DRIVE thru it anymore:eek: ;D ;D
Nice job!

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice job, that ones still on my to do list. Have you ever run carnage in Buena Vista? It's a blast great exit one of the toughest spots I've ever run.