• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finished my '73 build!

acmefl

Loc.
Florida
OK, so not exactly a real build.
I bought this kit on Amazon (Tamiya) and decided to return it when I saw the zillions of parts, tiny screws, nuts and other misc stuff. Before I could send it back my paint/body guy called and said he was ready for the real Bronco. I decided to keep the kit and build it to help with my impending "Bronco withdrawl".
Finished it yesterday so I wanted to post a pic. I ordered spray paint to match the color that's going on the real Bronco right now. My flares will be white and I hope to have a white soft top on it by this spring so I should have a fairly close mini-me Bronco!
Wouldn't recommend this project for anyone short on patience but it really wasn't that bad. I'll post another pic one day when I have both of them together again.
Aaron

Attachments

• bbronco.jpg
    bbronco.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 129

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Those are cool. I would like to have one just for messing around the house. You did a nice job.

Henry

Dakota

Loc.
Sunny South Dakota!
That is sweet. How fast will these go out on flat ground? I wish there was good "combo" r/c truck, that would both crawl and rip around. Maybe one with high and low range?

OP
OP
acmefl

acmefl

Loc.
Florida
That's funny, I bet you like the paint job! I looked at your gallery when deciding how to paint mine so thanks.

It really doesn't go fast, not slow but it is made for crawling. But it is pretty impressive. Short of flipping it, it will climb just about anything.

Aaron

73EB

Loc.
Bentonville, Ar
That is sweet. How fast will these go out on flat ground? I wish there was good "combo" r/c truck, that would both crawl and rip around. Maybe one with high and low range?

You can change gearing, and i think there are a few out there with more than one speed.

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
Really Cool. My wife says Im done for a while after my 73 build. That would be a perfect substitution for Bronco addicts. Maybe build a post apocalyptic Bronco (Mad Max kind of thing)