• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Firestone Ad

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Buying tires this morning. Noticed the vehicle in a Firestone ad.

Attachments

• 9644FBD4-5222-42CC-A438-6A6743716DBD.jpeg
    9644FBD4-5222-42CC-A438-6A6743716DBD.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 334

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Firestone does a good job with vehicle choices. Last time I was there, they had a nice vintage FJ on a poster.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Would you?? That would be great!

There’s one about 20 miles from me I was going to stop by and see if they have it and would be willing to part with it when they changed their displays. You might have a bit more pull if you just bought a set of tires;D

OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Would you?? That would be great!

There’s one about 20 miles from me I was going to stop by and see if they have it and would be willing to part with it when they changed their displays. You might have a bit more pull if you just bought a set of tires;D

Just curious... How do you know this is your truck?

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Like spotting your kid across a crowded room, lol - it just jumps out at you. The prior PO told me they bought it from a photographer who used it in a lot of photo shoots. It’s been in several ads. Here’s another pic with the same guy/shirt. Can usually spot the grey seats and speaker. I’ve since changed the seats back to parchment, but have kept the set that came in it.

Attachments

• 6BD67D92-3812-4A86-8D86-32A0A5293C46.jpg
    6BD67D92-3812-4A86-8D86-32A0A5293C46.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 83
  • EBCEB921-D852-4643-97DB-705351EB3110.jpg
    EBCEB921-D852-4643-97DB-705351EB3110.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 70
OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Like spotting your kid across a crowded room, lol - it just jumps out at you. The prior PO told me they bought it from a photographer who used it in a lot of photo shoots. It’s been in several ads. Here’s another pic with the same guy/shirt. Can usually spot the grey seats and speaker. I’ve since changed the seats back to parchment, but have kept the set that came in it.

Well I got it from the tire store......

Attachments

• Firestone.jpeg
    Firestone.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 47

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry for the slow reply, was out mowing until dark. Wow that was quick, you are awesome! I’d be happy to cover postage and packaging to get it here, let me know how to send it to you.

OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Sorry for the slow reply, was out mowing until dark. Wow that was quick, you are awesome! I’d be happy to cover postage and packaging to get it here, let me know how to send it to you.

I had to go back over there anyway. They forgot to reset my tire pressure sensors. They said the ad had been there for a while. I even showed them the screen shots of me posting the thread on here, and you saying it was your truck. They thought it was a great idea to get the ad into your hands. Shoot me a PM of your mailing address. I will check with UPS or FedEx and see the best way to get it to you.

Scott

OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
All boxed up and ready to go. Hope it gets there in good shape....

Scott

Attachments

• Firestone Ad.jpeg
    Firestone Ad.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 23

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN

let me see if I have this right....you mow your yard, and drive a bronco, I bet you have a happy husband!
BTW great score on the picture, I didn't know you had a celebrity in the family!

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What a great tale and a wonderful happy ending! I'm just feeling all warm and fuzzy now! Seriously, kudos to both of you, quite an amazing sequence of events!

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
All boxed up and ready to go. Hope it gets there in good shape....

Scott

Hey Scott,
Please send me the info on the package dimensions and I’ll get a label to you? Either that or let me at least cover the postage.... Can’t thank you enough for spotting it and getting it for me, and for putting “do not bend” on it!! I did stop in the Firestone closest to me and they had no clue what I was asking them about - even with the pic you took.

let me see if I have this right....you mow your yard, and drive a bronco, I bet you have a happy husband!
BTW great score on the picture, I didn't know you had a celebrity in the family!

Lol, plus sharpen blades, change the oil & belts, flush the coolant and always looking to learn/do more. Driving the Bronco is what keeps me sane. Naw...tried that once, the ex was into street rods, which are fine - it’s always been trucks for me. How’s your roadster coming along, Terry? Hoping to see you and Boone at SC, fingers crossed it will happen...

What a great tale and a wonderful happy ending! I'm just feeling all warm and fuzzy now! Seriously, kudos to both of you, quite an amazing sequence of events!

Thanks Howard, yes me too! This site is home to some really amazing folks - proven true time and time again. A few have some wicked fabrication skills....

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
Lol, plus sharpen blades, change the oil & belts, flush the coolant and always looking to learn/do more. Driving the Bronco is what keeps me sane. Naw...tried that once, the ex was into street rods, which are fine - it’s always been trucks for me. How’s your roadster coming along, Terry? Hoping to see you and Boone at SC, fingers crossed it will happen...

Some guys just don't know when they have it made. LOL ;D
The work is slow on the roadster, Health has been bad since last july...I'm on the heart/kidney transplant list at Vanderbilt, and battling cancer also. I'm about to be admitted any day to stay till the organs come available. I do have a good friend and builder working on my son's 77 ranger, and I plan on trying to get the roadster to his shop next week, so he will have it there and work on it for the next few months while I'm in the hospital. Boone and I plan on April 2021 SC. We "WILL" be there! So look for us there;D

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Terry I wish you all the best, and a successful operation and recovery. Sounds like you’re going to be in the best hands at Vanderbilt. Be like your roadster, a few new parts, some rust repair, a little rewiring and a good buffing before you head out the door. I hope someone can sneak Boone in to see you - that would be a monumental task to hide that big guy;D. Please keep us posted on your progress and recovery!

OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Hey Scott,
Please send me the info on the package dimensions and I’ll get a label to you? Either that or let me at least cover the postage.... Can’t thank you enough for spotting it and getting it for me, and for putting “do not bend” on it!! I did stop in the Firestone closest to me and they had no clue what I was asking them about - even with the pic you took.

Thanks Howard, yes me too! This site is home to some really amazing folks - proven true time and time again. A few have some wicked fabrication skills....

On its way....

Attachments

• Tracking.jpeg
    Tracking.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 25

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yipeee! Thank you;D. Kindly pm me with your PayPal or other preferred method? Can’t wait to get it......of course since I figured it’d be safer going to work rather than sitting out in the daily rains at my gate, it’s scheduled to arrive on Sat. At least I’ll have something to look forward to on Monday, lol.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
On its way....

And arrived today!

Scott, I really can’t thank you enough for getting this for me. Always amazed by how folks on this forum go out of their way to help fellow members in so many ways. Whether it’s knowledge, parts, advice, or taking the time and effort to make someone’s day - the way you did with this. Hope our paths cross some day so you can meet the rest of the Bronco!