• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

First time at Super Celebration

Golfball

This was our first year at Super Celebration and wanted to share a bit of what we observed and learned. It was a great time even though we had some bumps along the way. Met a lot of great people and saw a ton of awesome Broncos. First, we needed to spend more time there so next year we may try to get there earlier. Second, make sure truck, trailer, tires and all tools are in good condition. I had 2 trailer tire separate on the trip and ended up buying 4 new ones before leaving. It was a much better/smoother ride home. Third, take more pictures of both Broncos and people (to remember them). We spent time walking around and talking but mostly forgot to take enough pictures. Fourth, do more of the drives if possible. We didn't ride around Townsend and the surrounding area enough, take the time to see the beauty of the area. Fifth, always lend a hand if you can. We stopped and helped someone stranded on Friday and needed to be rescued ourselves on Saturday. Someone in a new Bronco stopped and gave us a ride back to town and they weren't even here for the Super Cel event. Sixth, ALWAYS CARRY A FIRE EXTINGUISHER!!!! We had a small fire on the last drive on Saturday and luckily got it out before it did more damage. Without a fire extinguisher, we may have lost the Bronco or had major damage.

All in all it was a great trip despite some of the things that didn't go as expected but the good Lord saw us through everything and got us back home safely. Last comment, we left our Bronco on the trailer Saturday night after the "burn down" and someone pulled my antenna off, not sure why but at least they left it on the trailer tucked under my rear tie-downs but didn't see if until we got home almost 400 miles later. I know it didn't fall off the Bronco because I pushed it back on and had a hard time trying to get if off again. I am not saying it was done to intentionally damage the Bronco, just odd they did it, had to step up on the trailer to do it and could have easily left it inside the Bronco, it never gets locked. No real harm, just odd.

A few picks of the "burn down" and antenna. Enjoyed the show and will be back next year!
20220423_163015.jpg 20220424_190424.jpg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the write up and sharing your experiences. Both good and bad!

Yes, Aut about the antenna. Very possible someone’s overexuberant child decided to flex the spring to check it out. Or someone’s inner child coming out and playing with the spring and pop in the antenna off and then not knowing what to do with it. Didn’t want to get any more personal with the vehicle so just (sheepishly even?) put it on the trailer.
Maybe it’s someone on here and we’ll hear the personal trip report about it. That could be fun!

Glad you had a good time in spite of the bad parts. The best always seems to be the meeting good people part.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Glad you had a good time despite the issues!

"Fifth, always lend a hand if you can. We stopped and helped someone stranded on Friday and needed to be rescued ourselves on Saturday." I had to grin when I read these words. I pulled off the show field Saturday and saw a '66 Mustang with the hood up beside the road. Made a u-turn to go back and try to help him, then get back to my trailer and find I've got a flat tire. Two guys came over to help me!:)

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Glad you enjoyed it... Bronco people have been absolutely some of the most helpful and nicest people I've met in the "car" world. Do you know what caused you fire? Glad you had an extinguisher with you!

ared77... What was wrong with that mustang?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Glad you had a good time despite the issues!

"Fifth, always lend a hand if you can. We stopped and helped someone stranded on Friday and needed to be rescued ourselves on Saturday." I had to grin when I read these words. I pulled off the show field Saturday and saw a '66 Mustang with the hood up beside the road. Made a u-turn to go back and try to help him, then get back to my trailer and find I've got a flat tire. Two guys came over to help me!:)

Most definitely... Mudd and I stopped not even half way into trip to TN for a dude broke down on side of hwy w/his bronco..

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Mustang had no gas from the accelerator pump when I looked into carb and moved throttle. I did notice some pooled gas on top of intake. I'm not sure where it came from but I decided not to have him crank it over for fear of causing an under hood fire.

OP
OP
G

Golfball

Glad you enjoyed it... Bronco people have been absolutely some of the most helpful and nicest people I've met in the "car" world. Do you know what caused you fire? Glad you had an extinguisher with you!

ared77... What was wrong with that mustang?

When my wife got a ride with the folks in the new Bronco I said "they have to be OK people, they are in a Bronco". As she rode off with them it dawned on my that so was OJ! :oops:
:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
My first time this year as well. I won't hang around for the raffle next year as I don't want to wait for them to give out what must have been 60 awards...
They gave out 20 trophies to the new bronco gen 6 for absolutely no reason? He announced 1-20 and stated there was no first or last place? So now the bronco world is giving out participation trophies....

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
My first time this year as well. I won't hang around for the raffle next year as I don't want to wait for them to give out what must have been 60 awards...
They gave out 20 trophies to the new bronco gen 6 for absolutely no reason? He announced 1-20 and stated there was no first or last place? So now the bronco world is giving out participation trophies....

Yep, I did not hang around either. This is the first year that I have not entered the judging. I was thinking there were 100 trophies but I may be wrong. Still no category for “original”, only “stock”. Full restorations are in the same category as 100% original survivors.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

dammit, I missed you too :(