• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Floor insulation- Lowes or Home Depot stuff

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Here's a quote off HushMat's site. Says they have been the leader in this field for 25+ years. I got a quote and it's not cheap...but I gave up trying to make a Bronco quiet, just need to combine this with my heat shields to get my floor board and tunnel temperatures below 150 deg F... yeah, really 150F!!

Quote from their website- "
REDUCE NOISE > 50% & REDUCE HEAT > 70% "

They took a '62 Vette out and tested the temps prior to applying their product and had temps over 160F on the floor boards...put their product on it and reduced the heat on the same drive/same length of time down to 100F. Done by an independent place, not the company (course the company might have bought them all dinner!) : )

NO SMELL at all, ever...

For over 27 years, HushMat products have been #1 Rated sound deadening & thermal insulation material and are proudly manufactured in the United States of America.

If I'm going to stick a product on the entire Bronco and not be able to peel, grind, burn it off because it doesn't work or it stinks...I'd rather just do it once (unlike everything else I try on my rig!) I know one guy that tried to remove a "stick-on" insulation mat and he said he'd never try it again!