• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Florida mud event 11/14/09

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Heck yeah, definitely wanna see those pictures... ;D

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I wish i could !!!
I luv that place ........... did the expand the trail riding area yet ??

ohpoo2

Contributor
Chuck, Your the man!! No way I could do 2 weekends in a row. Have a great time and will have to see how far that is for me maybe next time. Darren

OP
OP
mango

mango

Loc.
Sarasota, FL
Darren,
There is another event coming soon that is much closer to you.
http://www.triplecanopyranch.com/
December 11th. Trucks Gone Wild will be there too. ?

A friend has been and said it is nice with pretty setting for camping. Not sure about the pop-up, maybe tents only?

Franko should know about the wheeling type. Triple canopy is attached to River Ranch property.

So far, I am planning to go.

Got the axle u-joint replaced last night. Upgraded to a tougher one. Rear axle bearing replaced. I should be ready to go this weekend. Now that my entire family enjoys the mud, I can plan for more events. Going to need a second job soon though.

I will post pictures of the mayhem and carnage. Dirty bikinis too.

OP
OP
mango

mango

Loc.
Sarasota, FL
I wish i could !!!
I luv that place ........... did the expand the trail riding area yet ??

Not sure. I talked to someone that went on Halloween. They said there were lots of trails, but did not know if some were new, as they had never been before.

OP
OP
mango

mango

Loc.
Sarasota, FL

Attachments

• GetAttacedhment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttacedhment.aspx.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 17

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
THANKS ... COOL PICS !!
Your carnage....HOW BAD IS IT ???

OP
OP
mango

mango

Loc.
Sarasota, FL
A Jeep was my savior, I admit.
A background check should be run on BPPIX. Thanks for all the photos and entertainment this weekend Bill.

I didn't see any other EB's this weekend. Kind of disappointed.

Franko, I know why I didn't come visit you in the Gouper Hole Memorial Day. Too deep. My son Ian thinks the tide came in since we made it through earlier in the day.

There are no new trails since Mem. Day. The trails are fun though. Nothing like Holopaw. Can't wait for Corbitt.

Attachments

• IMGP2363.jpg
    IMGP2363.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 15

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
wow ... chuck you are 2 for 2 in 10 days !!! lol ;D

you had some speed entering Gouper Hole ??? from the north side strait true the gate is the worst spot ( + 4 foot deep ) ;)

Wy did you have a problem getting in to your garage ??

OP
OP
mango

mango

Loc.
Sarasota, FL
I made it through the entrance in the morning, but it seemed to be deeper in the afternoon. My front end was just coming up the hill, when it stopped on me. I was driving very slow, maybe just touching the throttle as I was coming out. I will be checking motor mounts tonight just in case they are part of the culprit.
Expensive fix, but I am going to prevent it from happening again. My mounts weren't so good.

The fan was bent into the radiator and crank pulley. It took some work to get it moved enough to start the truck and drive it into my garage. Also took some spray in the carb to start it.

Must remember: Bronco is a truck not a boat.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Hmmm ... I kinda had the same feeling about the water level being higher in the afternoon !!
did you drive thru the carwash ??? ;D

Attachments

• Xl_877eca.JPG
    Xl_877eca.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 31

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
need to get snorkel there Frank, then you can play in the FUN stuff

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
i found Hildas limits once ( around 55" )

boating her is ok but no need to play submarine !!!

I wonder if i would get her some 44 x 15" wide super swamper trxus if she would float !! ;D

OP
OP
mango

mango

Loc.
Sarasota, FL
The car wash was too cold for my thin blood. I should have at least checked it out, to see who was getting washed up.

RNYC is having a New Years Bash. Not sure if I will be making it to any of that one. This weekend turned very expensive on me fast.

The Trucks Gone Wild race was fun. Some serious H.P.

Disappointed I did not see any nudity the entire weekend.