• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford 347 stroker is alive, Nov 2012

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
OK< after three versions of motors built and dry stored for my continuing saga:

I finally dropped dime on the 347 stroker seen here, custom cam by Fordstroker.com, 9.7:1 comp ratio, program estimates 400HP and 400 ft-lbs at 4000rpm. 650cfm Truck Avenger out of the box, edelbrock performer heads, performer intake. Duraspark converted to mopar HEI internals and control module by Ignition Engineering in Ca, curved to the camshaft. Magnaflow mufflers, sound good, not sure if I want that loud, but sound good. Ceramic headers saved until after install and one hour of breakin. KB semi stepped flat top Hypertetic pistons. Explorer serp front. Canton 7qt oil pan. Balanced to 28oz.

First test, started on first try, very peppy. My machinist was very impressed with camshaft.

Lets see if anyone picks up whats wrong with the front of the motor while its running...

No, not the no airfilter, or the fact an electric motor is turning water pump...

http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/...w&current=photobucket-43429-1354339853036.mp4

Last edited:

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
Now get that thing in your Bronco, we want to know how it works then. Sounds really tough.

OP
OP
73azbronco

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
J. DIAM: STD INT EXH
VALVE ADJUSTMENT HYD HYD
GROSS VALVE LIFT .561 .556
DURATION @ .006
TAPPET LIFT 260 270
VALVE TIMING OPEN CLOSE
@ .050 INT 3- 33
EXH 45 7-
SPECS FOR CAM INST. @ 108.0 CENTERLINE
INT EXH
DURATION @ .050 210.00 218.00
LOBE LIFT .351 .348
LOBE SEPARATION 112.0 FIRING ORDER STD
ROCKER ARM RATIO 1.60 1.60

installed advanced 2 degrees

Oh, one bit of advice, if anyone is installing edelbrock heads, please ensure you have the valves and springs checked if you are going to a higher lift cam. I was sceptical after machinist recommneded checking after I called edelbrock and they said the head springs should be fine. Machinists checked and found two things wrong, valve to valve sleeve to close, they needed to be reemed out and valve springs needed shims to bring them up to 140lbs closed pressure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
73azbronco

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No, it's an ARP crank dampner bolt. The part thats wrong which is hard to see because it only shows for a few seconds, the water pump is spinning wrong way, couldn't figure why we where not getting water flow, that was it. Reversed pump and flow worked fine

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are you running an explorer chain cover? I don't see the fuel pump and am looking at pros and cons of going electric instead so I can use the explorer and get more room up front.