• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Forum Upgraded - Few things still need work

msweb

Bronco Guru
Mikey likes it! Great job on the site that has helped me in SO many ways Jon, you da man!

Now - I'm going to the kitchen to satisify a sudden craving for cookies..... ;D

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
Yeah, that's a new feature of the forums. It can now sense how much of a PITA a member is and tailor the error messages appropriately. ;)

Wow, mine said "No beer? Go get yourself a tasty beer." :D I love this place!

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I did find this error when trying to search members by state, when I selected the state and hit enter this is what I got.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
OK, fixed now.

jrcflash

Thank you for your (no doubt) tireless efforts to keep this site working. It is truly the best Bronco site.

Many thanks

ncsubronc

Can't seem to figure this out...Trying to edit my first post in the classifieds to reflect a pending sell, but I'm not seeing the edit button. Has there been a change to this feature or is it working for everyone else?

Updates to the site are awesome though! Thanks Jon!

msweb

Bronco Guru
Can't seem to figure this out...Trying to edit my first post in the classifieds to reflect a pending sell, but I'm not seeing the edit button. Has there been a change to this feature or is it working for everyone else?

Updates to the site are awesome though! Thanks Jon!

I went back and checked my freebie ad. Edit but is there but I didn't see if it worked.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
It's because your thread is 9 months old. There's a time limit to be able to edit your threads. PM me the changes and I'll make them.

The reason for the time limit is so some disgruntled member doesn't go back and delete every post he's ever made from the beginning of time. This would leave huge gaps in those threads and make them confusing and unreadable.

ncsubronc

It's because your thread is 9 months old. There's a time limit to be able to edit your threads. PM me the changes and I'll make them.

The reason for the time limit is so some disgruntled member doesn't go back and delete every post he's ever made from the beginning of time. This would leave huge gaps in those threads and make them confusing and unreadable.

Gotcha...makes good sense. Will PM you the changes.

Thanks!

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Pulling up old post

Jon I CAN'T FIND MY OLD POST.. 1st thing I do when I come on is go down to the very bottom and click on my name PaPitt .. then it brought up all the post I'd responded to the last time I was on ..Then if anyone ask a question I answer them and then move back up to top and work my way through all the forums responding to whatever some one has ask .. Some times going back down an pulling up all my post to see if I need to add more info .. But today I AM ON A DIFFERENT COMPUTER but I can't pull any of my old post ..
......Is this another new change or am I just miossing somthing..
..They changed the diesel sight I WAS GOING TO AND I CAN'T pull up my post .. I've just about stopped going to it because there is no chat ..

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
PaPitt click on UserCP right above where it says "post reply" above the first posting on the page. That's how I get to my old posts, in fact that's how I found out that you had posted to this one. It's also the first thing I do when I log on to check if anything new has been posted to any threads I've subscribed to.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
PAPITT - When you say you go all the way to to bottom and click on your name, do you mean you find your name in the big list of all the people currently logged on? If so then the info you're looking for is still there, but it takes one more click to get there.

When you click on your name you should see the "About Me" info. If you look just above your info you'll see a tab called "Statistics". If you click here it will show you links to "Find all posts by PAPITT" and "Find all threads started by PAPITT"

Image1.gif

But as Smokeater11 suggested, clicking on "User CP" on the top left is probably the better way to go. It shows you all posts you have been involved in that have new activity since you were last online.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
PAPITT, I sent you a PM about the deisel site too. They use a different version of the same software I use, and it is quite a bit different. But your info is still there. See my PM for where to find it.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Having a problem accessing with my Blackberry, gets a server time out error and tells me to contact site admin, so jon, I am contacting you;D

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Revelation, I've been getting that from my BB too the last couple of days. I assumed it was my phone, not the site. I'll look into it.

22213evl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rio Rancho N.M.
I don't get it Jon I used to be able to go to the members list find my name click on it and have the page come up with the ( find all posts by 22213evl, find all posts started by 22213evl ) right there, now no matter what I do including what you sugested above I can't find that page.

oh also I won't be able to find this thread again if it's not in the new posts section.

7bronco6

Loc.
PA
22213evl. Click on your name in the upper right. Then click on "Show All Statistics" in upper right. Then it should be right in the middle of the screen "find all posts by" and "find all threads started" Worked for me anyway.