• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

franken bumper horns and other gripes

NJB71

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Little Silver, NJ
not sure if I should be in tech or chat, but here goes...I cut off the PO hack job of a front bumper replacement and planned on installing Jasons tube bumper, well I am dealing witha mess, I must be installing the 3rd variation, in pics provided I have started removing the 1/2" think steel plate welded to side of horns, ad then I also have to remove a previous remnent of a box welded inside the horn, I am about 6 sawzall blades into this and its frustrating me....in another pic, I have a legit question, how the hell do i remove the door pins?, i have a 71' sport w/ chrome trim, that looks like its in the way of popping top pin straight up? do I remove this and if so besides the 2 bolts w/ nuts on each end of the door are there other fastners that hold the trim on?

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 60

66fora69er

Contributor
Youre gonna want to remove the hinge from the truck before removing the hinge pin. Its not gonna come out easy. A press is real handy for that

OP
OP
N

NJB71

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Little Silver, NJ
yep, Ty just googled it, dont have torch, and didnt think it was going to such a PIA, but i will get off....do I really have to remove door hinge to get pin out?....am I going to screw up alignment when I go to reinstall doors for winter?

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
You can attempt to use a punch and hammer, or a air operated punch, but you will probably mar your paint. Take them off of the body and door, then remove the pins from bottom toward top.

302fix

am I going to screw up alignment when I go to reinstall doors for winter?

Aligning the door really isn't that bad. Having a helper makes it better and it's something every Bronco owner will have the pleasure of doing at least once...don't get left out of the fun.;D

It's very likely that you'll have to remove the entire hinge to get at it...and you'll break some bolts off...so soak them in lube before trying to remove.

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you are just trying to take off the doors all you need to do is unbolt the hinge from the body. Just leave the hinge on the door. Do make sure you soak them with blaster first. They are easy to break.

OP
OP
N

NJB71

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Little Silver, NJ
If you are just trying to take off the doors all you need to do is unbolt the hinge from the body. Just leave the hinge on the door. Do make sure you soak them with blaster first. They are easy to break.

i actually bought some tube doors, that when I get hem i will powder coat....i guess I am going to remove just top hinge and pop pin out of bottom....Ty all for your advice