• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

front disk brake caliper

694play

What's the trick to re-install the front disk brake caliper? I took it off so I know it fits.
It has kicked my ass for an hour.
It is an early 70's year front disk. the kind with the single screw holding a locking shim(?)
I have tried all angles up and down and it won't go back into place.

Last edited:

Hoppy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gresham, OR
open the cap to the master cylinder
then open the bleeder vale on the caliper and use a c clamp to push the pistion (behind the pad) to wide open and close bleeder valve

OP
OP
694play

694play

I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that since I only removed to get the rotor off.
Oh well, thanks for the input.
I will have to bleed brakes then after install?

Broncoholic1

Do not open the bleeder just open the master and put a towel under it. Push it in and reinstall. No need to Bleed
Just pump it up. :)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You are just talking about sliding over the rotor, correct? Or are you past that and can't quite get the spring thingy locking shim back in place?

Paul