• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front shock question

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
I have just installed Duff Long arms on my trail Bronco and will need to get new front shocks.
My current shocks are Duff's 8115s with 10.25" of travel. They are too short for the new long arm setup. I have 4.5" lift coils and f250 shock mounts. Looking at the Duff's 8120s with 15" of travel but wanted to see if yall have any suggestions.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Usually bilstien is one of the better options but if its trail only you might be able to save some $$ and get the longer duffs or a cheaper shock.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
You’ll need to measure your shock mounts with the suspension fully compressed. Having too long of a shock is usually worse than having them too short.

Mark

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Too short makes em a limiting strap. Shocks dont like that. If you go remote reservoir you can get a shorter body long travel.