• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel Pressure Gauge Question

samjaxfl

Loc.
Neptune Beach
I installed a fuel pressure gauge and regulator, during the install had a noticeable leak. After cutting the motor off to fix the leak it took no time for the gauge pressure to go down to 0, seemed normal since fuel was dumping out. I fixed the leak, went for a drive and after shutting the motor down the pressure remained at the gauge, seemed normal since no fuel was being used. This morning I go out and find the gauge at 0, is this normal after sitting over night or does it indicate I might have a smaller not as noticeable leak? What is the normal time frame for the fuel system to unpressurize between the pump and the carb?

Thanks

70_Steve

Old Guy
is this normal after sitting over night or does it indicate I might have a smaller not as noticeable leak? What is the normal time frame for the fuel system to unpressurize between the pump and the carb?
As the others said, sounds normal. Not sure if I could even ballpark a timeframe, as there are many factors that might affect it. The pressure will be relieved at the carb through the float needle valve. As the carb sits, the gas will evaporate a little, dropping the level in the fuel bowl. When the level drops, the float drops, opening the needle valve and releiving the pressure.