• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel Stabilizer for Ethanol/Gas Mix

hunt&fish

Loc.
Marietta, Georgia
What's the best fuel stabilizer for the 10% ethanol/ gas mix?
I sometimes don't crank my Bronco or boat for 2 or 3 months and am currently using the blue Marine Stabil with good results so far. However, there's an article in the latest Outdoor Life that says the 10% ethanol mix can break down in 8 weeks and it recommends a stabilizer called Startron.
Anybody found any research on stabilizers ?

Scrapper_MV

I have used both with good success. But I like the Startron better. It's cheaper and says it works with the ethanol right on the bottle, Stabil does not.

My Boat sits all winter with 150 gallons in it and the Startron has done a great job the last two winters.

OP
OP
H

hunt&fish

Loc.
Marietta, Georgia
Marine Formula Stabil

I have used both with good success. But I like the Startron better. It's cheaper and says it works with the ethanol right on the bottle, Stabil does not.

My Boat sits all winter with 150 gallons in it and the Startron has done a great job the last two winters.

The Marine Formula Stabil says it's for Ethanol right on the bottle.