• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Full Size Dana 60s?

mytmyk@q.com

So Iam looking for some answers on installing a dana 60 up front with radius arms. I do know the 78 79 hp front end is the way to go. But will a 80s 60 work also. I do realize the pumpin is moved to the driver side. I heard that duffs used the 80s style front end. Does any one have some pics of a install and some insight to make the install easier.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
You are going to have to SEARCH because there is a ton of information on here. I'm in the middle of my swap with a 90' D60 - don't get hung up on trying to find a 78-9 axle, they are getting harder and harder to find and are competing with the price of gold.

The pumpkin is close to the frame, but clears it just fine - the Cage arm is going to protect the drive shaft VERY well.

Had to space the coil buckets out to get them to run straight.

Check out my build thread - I've got a ton of pictures there.

OP
OP
mytmyk@q.com

mytmyk@q.com

60s

Thanks for the replies. I have a 78 hp60 and if i do install i will be going the old school way of stayin with my extended radius arms and c bushiings and not buying new ones. Can you tell me if my spring mounts will be able to stay the same on the frame or do i have to move them out. Whats the biggest thing that i have to change.

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
I kept my spring buckets in the stock location.. BUT I had room to build a mount on the axle to move the spring in from the stock mounting location. The 05' came with coils so that helped me... not sure what you will run into..

OP
OP
mytmyk@q.com

mytmyk@q.com

Thanks for the response. Maybe some of you can give some input on this. What i have now on my bronco is all 4 fun extended radius arms 5.5 coils from wild horses that are the progressive rate? They are close on top the spread out towards the bottom. Rear 5.5 11 pack leafs. Front shock hoops from all 4 fun and rear in board shock mounts. This setup as far as flexing Iam not happy with. I Do have a 79 dana 60 that i want to put under it and do full width. Will it be any better with the suspension stuff i already have.

TBS-POPS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
valley springs, ca
Your susp will flex a little more because of the FW putting more leverage on the springs but IF your not happy now with your flex, you wont be any happier just because you stuffed a 60 underneath... Plus your going to open a whole different can of worms with 60's under... good luck