• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fun Saturday at the CF Charity Car Show

ChrisC74

We had a great time at the Cystic Fibrosis Car show this weekend in Atlanta. There was a nice assortment of cars - quite a few older muscle cars. As far as 4x4's we were the only bronco in a line of 4 jeeps, an old FJ and two open crawlers.

The bronco got a ton of attention - the orange tends to stand out and it seemed that attendees felt more comfortable coming up and talking / asking questions about it vs some of the other fancier vehicles.

Got rained on twice, but my two sons made short work of wiping it down.

We managed to come home with a pretty cool trophy for one of the sponsors choice awards so someone with some pull there had good taste!

It was for a great cause, and they put on what seemed to be a very well done show (I do not exhibit often but this was a good cause close to our family) - all you could eat BBQ, all you could drink craft beers, wine, etc. live blues music.

The big winner was a sweet Auburn that came in on a trailer - they were smart and waited until the big rain passed though I think it might have gotten wet at some point.

Maybe we can get some more broncos there next year? I will be sure to post in advance.

Big thanks to Broncofan76 - Drew went above and beyond on helping to clean up the back end of the bronco the last couple of weeks - it looked better from the back than the front.

-ChrisC74

Attachments

• family car show.jpg
    family car show.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 92
  • CF sign.jpg
    CF sign.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Side shot.jpg
    Side shot.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 84
  • front yard trophy.jpg
    front yard trophy.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 73
  • trophy.jpg
    trophy.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 12745661_1030289623700036_5266098276057357646_n.png
    12745661_1030289623700036_5266098276057357646_n.png
    132 KB · Views: 58
  • Auburn.jpg
    Auburn.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 51
  • tailgate side shot.jpeg
    tailgate side shot.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

phred

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Chris. Looks like y'all had a great time. Your truck looks great. Drew did nice job. The paint feels like a baby's but. I helped him put the tailgate back on and the filler panel.. That panel is really sweet. You should market those. I'd buy one.
congrats.

OP
OP
ChrisC74

ChrisC74

Chris. Looks like y'all had a great time. Your truck looks great. Drew did nice job. The paint feels like a baby's but. I helped him put the tailgate back on and the filler panel.. That panel is really sweet. You should market those. I'd buy one.
congrats.

Thanks Brett - I appreciate you giving him a hand with the tailgate. You both have it good living so close to each other.

I will get you the info on the filler panel.

OP
OP
ChrisC74

ChrisC74

Hey Congrats on the trophy!!!! You've got that lil' Orange rig looking good and ya' got the whole family there too!!!;D;D;D

Thx Ben - it was fun. It was a family event - Joeys best friend from 2 years old has CF so we do what we can to help out with fund raising.

My boys are a little possessive of the bronco - they are not used to going to car shows and I was all over them before we got there about not touching any of the cars, making sure to walk carefully around them, etc. a couple of hours into the show I was talking with someone else when I overheard Joey telling a guy that it was a look not touch show so he needed to stop touching the bronco... I got a good laugh out if it.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Cool family you got there ...nice ride to. Can't believe Ben wasn't there ;)