• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

gear bangers shifter ?

hdmc

Loc.
goodyear AZ
i'm looking at the gearbanger shifter from WHS for the np435 anybody have one if so likes and dislikes .

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Never actually driven with one, but have shifted through the gears with one. It definitely makes a difference in shifting.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Love mine. Really improves the shifting by shortening the stroke.;)

Attachments

• 6-17-08 002.jpg
    6-17-08 002.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 1-10-09 (600 x 450).jpg
    1-10-09 (600 x 450).jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 62

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
I'm going to make my own similar to Madgyver's but I haven't cut off my shifter yet. Does anyone know if the shifter is solid or hollow? I noticed a lot of the pics I've seen of these things have a male heim. I want to use the left overs of my shifter once I cut it off because it is not all screwed up. But if it is solid I'll have to get a female heim. Just thought I'd ask since we were on the subject.

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
I'm going to make my own similar to Madgyver's but I haven't cut off my shifter yet. Does anyone know if the shifter is solid or hollow? I noticed a lot of the pics I've seen of these things have a male heim. I want to use the left overs of my shifter once I cut it off because it is not all screwed up. But if it is solid I'll have to get a female heim. Just thought I'd ask since we were on the subject.

Your NP 435 shifter will be a solid shaft. If it was hollow, it would not hold up to the leverage placed upon it due to its length.

Wyldebill

Loc.
Berthoud, Colorado
The shift shaft on a NP435 is solid and comes out of the tower at 5/8ths of an inch in diameter. I really like the one I made, it makes the Bronco even more fun to drive. I changed the transfer linkage to get closer to the floor and more out of the way. I think it looks and works better that way. I can''t post on the board so no pics. The Main handle is cut from a 3/4" aluminum plate, shaped with a grinder with a 1/2" heim on the floor end and the grip is wrapped with formed leather of my own design. The transfer bar is made from 5/8" round stock, bent to be out of the way but not to hang up on anything. The linkage bolts are shoulder bolts so they don't put the squeeze on the handle or the tower coller on the other end. If anyone wants pics I could e-mail them. Finally fuel injected hey Cracker? That will improve your lap times on Hells Gate considerable.
Bill

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
not taking credit for anyones design. i just like building things and if it creates a challenge for me to do, i'll take it on with whatever resources i get on the web or elsewhere...
pride in doing it too.

Plus shipping to Hawaii sucks......