• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Getting started on my 76 Bronco rebuild

johns76b

Hello all, I've been a member of this site for awhile now. I bought my 76 bronco sport in 2002 and its time to give her a new life. I'm putting my list together for a frame off restoration. I have a few questions to start with, many more to come.

1) I'm leaning towards the BP 306 365HP long block. The questions I have, does anyone know if the head design on the BP306 is off the old style 302 heads or the gt40P style heads.

2) I have a option to get a 1999 ford explorer cheap for the EFI swap. Will the 5.0 EFI be adequate for the BP306?

I'll start a build thread soon with pics.

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
1. Can't answer about the heads. Most of those type of Higher horsepower motors are also high rpm motors. That's great for a mustang but not so good pushing a brick bronco. Check the rpm range and torque numbers before pulling the trigger.

2. Yes.