• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Good gas mileage

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We just returned to VA from a trip of about 1930 miles. It originated on 5/12 as we headed to PA, then on up to May It Forward in MA on 5/20. From there we drove to Bar Harbor, ME and spent a couple days. We took a different route home along some of the northeast coast, then inland back to VA.

The 2021 Bronco averaged 23-25 mpg on the trip north, then a bit less at 22-23 mpg coming home. The trip home included 2 very windy days, which can cut the efficiency for sure. I spent $365 on gas for the entire trip. Not bad at prices between $4.65 - $4.89/ per gallon.

Its a 4 door Black Diamond with a soft top, 2 adults and all the accompanying luggage, etc.

We're ready for another trip!

dsenatore

Contributor
Loc.
East Walpole
We just returned to VA from a trip of about 1930 miles. It originated on 5/12 as we headed to PA, then on up to May It Forward in MA on 5/20. From there we drove to Bar Harbor, ME and spent a couple days. We took a different route home along some of the northeast coast, then inland back to VA.

The 2021 Bronco averaged 23-25 mpg on the trip north, then a bit less at 22-23 mpg coming home. The trip home included 2 very windy days, which can cut the efficiency for sure. I spent $365 on gas for the entire trip. Not bad at prices between $4.65 - $4.89/ per gallon.

Its a 4 door Black Diamond with a soft top, 2 adults and all the accompanying luggage, etc.

We're ready for another trip!
Hi Judy,
That's great mileage! I forgot to ask when we had dinner on Friday but do you have the 2.7 or 2.3 in your Bronco? Thanks again for making the trip, hope the rest of it was just as good!
Cheers,
David

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Not bad at all. Again what engine?

If we ever get ours that will be a big improvement over our expedition!

OP
OP
P

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hi Judy,
That's great mileage! I forgot to ask when we had dinner on Friday but do you have the 2.7 or 2.3 in your Bronco? Thanks again for making the trip, hope the rest of it was just as good!
Cheers,
David
Hi David, the Bronco has the 2.7. We enjoyed dinner with you and your kids Friday night. I forgot to ask if you're coming to the Roundup next month, hope to see you there.

OP
OP
P

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not bad at all. Again what engine?

If we ever get ours that will be a big improvement over our expedition!
Evan - it's the 2.7 engine. Roger is very pleased with how it ran. One day yours will come!!

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My 2.7 Outer Banks is supposed to be "blended" tomorrow 5/23 ! Good to hear about your mileage as regular is $4.29 gal here.:(

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I'm currious what tire size does, similar truck with a sasquatch vs base ect. running in the NE will be better than the west of the Mississippi, our speed limits are much higher. 80mph speed limits are not uncommon.

dsenatore

Contributor
Loc.
East Walpole
Hi David, the Bronco has the 2.7. We enjoyed dinner with you and your kids Friday night. I forgot to ask if you're coming to the Roundup next month, hope to see you there.
Unfortunately not this year though it would have been nice since this is the 20th anniversary from when I made the trip to Hazelton. Too much going on at the home front this time around, all good though. I'm sure you'll have a great time as usual!
Cheers, David

N747JB

I'm currious what tire size does, similar truck with a sasquatch vs base ect. running in the NE will be better than the west of the Mississippi, our speed limits are much higher. 80mph speed limits are not uncommon.
Mine is an Outer Banks 2.7 soft top, I swapped the stock 18 inch wheels for 17’s with the same tire size as the Sasquatch package. I get about 15-16 mpg on the highway. It’s worse than my F-150 3.5 or wife’s 6.2 Escalade! But it’s much more fun!!

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
We have been getting about 18MPG with our 4 door Black Diamond with a soft top with the auto and 4cyl. Stock 17" wheels and tires. Only have about 1800 miles on it. Not bad about 2mpg better than the Expedition and about the same as the Jeep.