• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

good trials in co to wheel now

beerthirty

Loc.
Lakewood, Co
what would be a good trail to wheel this weekend i live in littleton. what do you think about spring creek

Last edited:

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
Go for Spring Creek. It is a pretty nice trail and not too far. If you really feel motivated before the snow hits, I would do Red Cone Peak

kuch68

Loc.
Waterford, MI
I am out in CO right now, we just did Red Cone and I would highly suggest it. Also, if you are by Red Cone it is not too far away to get to Wheeler's Lake (outside Alma) which I thought was great. If you stay far right on some of the first obstacles it makes for a fun time.

We also got through the top of Pearl Pass (no snow blockage) which is an easier trail but extremely scenic.

Have fun

OP
OP
B

beerthirty

Loc.
Lakewood, Co
is red cone really as steep as everyone makes it out to be, ive wanted to go there for a long time i just never have. What would you say is a harder trial red cone or holy cross?

kuch68

Loc.
Waterford, MI
Red Cone has some pretty steep sections, but it is definitely not as hard as holy cross. Rollovers are not uncommon on holy cross. The section you have to be careful on is the very steep and narrow descent at the end of red cone that comes down onto webster pass. If you come from the dillon side and go up webster pass and down handcart gulch (both moderately easy trails with narrow winding sections) you will be able to see this obstacle before you take it on. If it looks too dangerous for your liking, you can always turn around at the top of red cone.

If you do decide to descend the last part of red cone, make sure you select low gear, and just ride the breaks enough to keep you at a comfortable speed. If you lock up the brakes you will start sliding and could get sideways.

Wheeler's Lake trail is harder than red cone, easier than holy cross, and a lot of fun. Some technical obstacles that are easy with a good spotter and careful driver.