• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got Pics of Dog Dish / Poverty Caps

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wondering if those running dog dish / poverty caps can post pics of the different styles of caps being used?

jckkys

Bronco Guru
The '66 Galaxy hub caps are full size, not dog dish. Also I don't remember any dog dish Ford 4X4 hub caps before the '77s. I can't find any reference to them either.

SurfCityEB66

Contributor
65 f100 dog dish...
4e30bcf2ba99d09382500b88dea6abe9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AFLtCol

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's the cap that I'm thinking about going with....in a way it reminds me of the 66 hubcaps (after 2 glasses of wine & squinting)...thoughts?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 45

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Here's the cap that I'm thinking about going with....in a way it reminds me of the 66 hubcaps (after 2 glasses of wine & squinting)...thoughts?

I like them. Clean lines, even w/o my wine.

SurfCityEB66

Contributor
Who's are they? Been shopping for the "perfect" set of steelies for another project, that will hold a set of poverty hub caps. I'm about down to machining and welding my own
Wheel Smith out of Corona CA ordered to fit 5 wheels custom made and powder coated were just under 1k. He needs to know what center caps you're using and will build around those.

OP
OP
AFLtCol

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wheel Smith out of Corona CA ordered to fit 5 wheels custom made and powder coated were just under 1k. He needs to know what center caps you're using and will build around those.

They are 17 x ? and what's the backspacing if you don't mind sharing?

tabyers

Loc.
Indiana
16's are way harder to come up with than 17's. Take a look at wheel Vintiques for 17's, I think they have them. I was thinking about 16's but couldn't find a pre made set. I used a holesaw, the first one came out clean but the second one got a little overheated.