• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got to Test Drive my 77 today.

Lon L

I have had my 77 at a trans/mod shop for a couple of long months. It started out as a basic Replace current NV3550 with 4R70w, Reseal and Detail the Dana 20,and Regear the 9" with new 4:56 gears and 31 Spline Axels. Original he said ,"maybe 2 weeks". Heh, there were some setbacks {Exhaust in the way of the new trans/ Buy new Ceramic Coated headers and Stainless exhaust from Broncohut.} Removing the Stock Manifolds {without pulling engine} proved to be a big pain in the but. Poor Quality Flexplate {supplied by the Trans Shop} that had a weight so huge it banged into motorplate. / Remove trans and install proper flexplate. Oh Im sure there are some other things that came up, it seemed as if we went forward 1 step and back 2.
Anyway, today I was hoping to bring it home. I did not. However, it is very close and I did actually get to drive it . This was also the first time I heard the new exhaust. It sounds awesome . I did not get to drive it too far, or too hard,. but I did take it down the road and it was very smooth and shifted almost perfect. I think it might run just a little far in 2nd before shifting (under power), but this was its first time down the road and I would imagine the ECU is still learning. Overall I am stoked. They still need to button up some items ( recenter Steering wheel on the newly installed Ididit tilt column) , Heat cycle the new gears and parts a few times and check for loose bolts etc etc. It should be ready tomorrow and I will pick it up Saturday.

I was just giddy with excitement and wanted to share ;)
My name is Lon and I AM a BroncoHolic

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sounds like quite the laundry list of stuff you did...it'll be like a new (to you) rig when you finally get it back. My fingers are crossed for ya.

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
Lon, thanks for being honest with the rest of us Broncoholics and coming out of the shop with the truth. Now please feed our addition with some pictures this weekend or sooner to help us avoid convulsions.

OP
OP
L

Lon L

Thanks for the comments guys, I will try to take some pics this weekend :)