• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Griffin Aluminum Radiators

jr

Loc.
Mililani, Hawaii
I know some of you did a mass buy a long time ago and wanted to know how do you like your griffin aluminum radiator? How does it fit? For those with a 5.0 motor, what kind of clearance do you have between fan and radiator. I will be using a flexalite 1517. Also does top left, lower right = top passenger's side, bottom driver's side. I have reverse rotation water pump.

http://griffinrad.com/

Summit has them for $436.69. Any other vendor's aluminum radiator worth checking out?

http://store.summitracing.com/defau...&Ntk=PartSearch&Ntt=gri-7-266bv-bax&x=12&y=10Late Models

Joel

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
alternative to Griffin

More fins per inch, better design, beautiful piece, used by more desert racers and NASCAR teams, this describes.......

http://www.rondavisradiators.com

check their site out and compare.

You wont be disappointed if you are going to spend that much for a Griffin.
Just my .02
KB
NC
ebsss

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
I am using the $189 Ford style race radiator...I had to fab brackets and run the top hose over my alternator...but it works great.. I got it from Summitt. Am running the small blue high RPM reverse rotaiton fan and have had no problems.

U

Unregistereds

the only problem with the griffin is the exopy on the core between it an the tank section which means it is unable to be repaired if necessary, the all aluminum can be tiged

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
Buddy Griffen doesnt own Griffen Radiators any more, he sold the company because he has cancer. Doesnt mean its a bad product but he's a friend of mine so I just thought Id mention it

asabadin

Loc.
L.A.CALI NO THIEVES
get a northern you can pick one up for like 190.00 with trans cooler all alluminum. 2 1 inch rows 17 fins per square inch. every other company out there making alluminum radiators that will fit a bronco is between 12-16 fins per square inch. the only company with a higher fin count than that is ron davis at 18 per square inch and your going to pay 510.00. also these are rated to an operating pressure of 30psi if that is your concern.

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Jr For Ron Davis

Hey Jr.
We did mine about three years ago and I don't have the part number. Call them from the link contact info and ask for Dan or Tim. Dan has an eb and Tim is the owners son who I dealt with. They have an eb specific radiator. Since my front clip was fabbed/mod cross members and mounts we did one of their circle track deals, double pass with tranny cooler built in.
Good luck
Karl

OP
OP
J

jr

Loc.
Mililani, Hawaii
Got quoted $450 for a RD Radiator and $85 to ship. Might have to order it after Xmas so wife don't snap.