• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gun racks anyone do something like this?

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I am trying to figure out a good way to carry rifles in my Bronco when I get done. I want to build a console for the center but I would like to incorporate a rifle mount. This mount to the center console looks promising. Anyone do something similar?
Thanks in advance!

http://cruiserscorp.com/products/side_gun_mount2.jpg

jckkys

Bronco Guru
There's a lot more room in a Crown Vic Police car than an EB. The Bronco center consoles, usually leave no room for a shotgun or rifle. The cradle on that mount would have to include a lock to secure the weapon when the truck is unoccupied, for police agencies to use it. It may work with a short M4 that's only 32" with the stock collapsed. Another possibility is to use the cradle to mount the rifle vertically.

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
I have a holster on the kick panel for my 10MM, makes for an easy draw in a bad situation, because I am left handed, but I don't have any mounts for long guns. I was thinking about putting an overhead rack in that would be modular for fishing poles or shotguns depending on if it's duck season or not, but as of now we just put the guns in the sneak boat when we go for ducks. I was thinking something like this, but built into the cage:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Big-...=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=25157001&rid=20

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Overhead, rear quarters, or side windows are the only practical places for long guns in an eB. Depending on the actual length of the longest gun, I've seen nice-looking compartments in a FSB over the rear wheelwells that were concealed, carpeted, & functional.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I'll see if I can load a couple of pictures of one of my Gun Racks. I've got 4 different attempts .. This is about best one . But my next one would be slightly easier to use.
. SINCE MY BRONCO Has a Camo skin on it. I use the camo skin on about everything for it... I had the lip bent at the machine shop .. It has foam insulation inside it to help keep the gun from getting banged up.. BUT really my gun still takes a beating . But that lip on the next one would only be maybe a half inch not a full inch turned up. It goes across the top of my half cab. Mounted to the top with those self tapping sheet metal screws. I cut out around my wiper motor & arms. I cut that with a die grinder.
... Then I cut 4 inch hole in each corner & added radio speakers in the top cab corner. Their the best place I've found to put them.

Attachments

• P1010004 9.jpg
    P1010004 9.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 81
  • P1010003 13.jpg
    P1010003 13.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 81
  • P1010004 4.jpg
    P1010004 4.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Thanks for the replies. I just checked out Rackbone mounts from condition zero mounts. I think this is something I can modify for my needs. Looks like an awesome product. Thanks for the info guys, always appreciated!

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Had a nice drivers vertical mount in my hmmwv back in '07.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... In my Hunting Buddys BRONCO that we take to New Mexico. He has a machine shop. So he milled 2 mounts That he removes his sun visors . & these mount in the 2 screws that holds the visors. They are simple a little aluminum block with an ARM that you flip up to put your gun barrel in place & then drop the arm down into a slot that hold it in place.. 1st year they rattled so we put a little foam in place & then wrapped the arm with Black electrical tape. Tape you can adjust the gap to also help control the noise..
.... You gun is right there at your side window vent .& you can rest your foot against it for more control. Those are good while hunting.
YOUR gun is SETTING in place with the Barrel pointing up & it stock on the floor. Bot our guns work with these.. Mine is a SAKO Forester ''i think'' 300 WIN MAG. His is a Win Model 70 300 win mag.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... I built another one It place the stock beside the Console .. Wedged in place with the help of my Home built fiber glassed tranny cover. Then the Barrel points to the rear window of my 1/2 cab. AT the Bulk head I built a bracket that holds a U MOUNT from Uncle Mikes gun rack .. That U is attached to about a 4 or 6 inch bolt that makes it adjustable.. The gun that rides in that location is a very short 223. T/C It a 16 inch barrel & has a shoulder stock. Making it a rifle from a pistol frame..
.... Passengers hate this rack. But if I'm by myself I like it . But the bigger guns wont work with it.
.... Also I had some of the plastic one in my back glass but there is no room there & they work on the back of your head. I use them to hang my hat on.

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Pa PITT,
How do you get any sleep? Seems you are always busy building something, good for you! I like your ideas, I am looking to mount long rifles for deer and elk hunting trips. I am not sure how much room I have yet until I get my cage mounted back in my Bronco. Just trying to plan ahead for when the time comes. I appreciate your pics too.
Thanks again!