• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hanson Mass Buy

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
904Bronco said:
I thought that I would pass on that Paul (aka Dirt Donk) is good people and just started working for Wayne. He just did the Cebie light mass buy. And if there is a way, they will make a deal for us.

D.

Oh! That Paul. Thats awesome. I bet this will indeed be another GREAT buy.

brixter

Loc.
Tuolumne CA
Im in if they can use the lighter steel , the weight is was turned me off the last time . I can pick mine up from them as well .

dan12580

$$$$$$$$ talks. iam in for front winch and rear with tire/gas if the price is decent.

Hayburner

Loc.
Port Orchard, WA
I wounder if there would be any chance of getting a price break on Hansons Rocker panels also, if you were to purchase front and rear bumpers?

Louie

Bronco Guru
I'm very interested in a front and rear. I like the idea of less money for less weight too.

Colo77Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Colorado Springs
I am interested in the front with prerunner bars and winch mount that was featured at the beginning of the last mass buy as well as a basic rear with spare tire swing out.

I also like the lighter steel and hopefully teh price will be better than almost $900 for a rear bumper.

brian72

Early Bronco Student
Glad DirtDonk is not trying to get foriegn bumpers... ;D

Howdy

Loc.
Folsom, Ca
I'm sure its just the angle of that picture, but that bumper just doesn't look right on that EB. Looks like it hangs down far and is real wide. Is that the protofab plate bumper? Some pictures I see of them look real cool and others look just like a big hunk of steel hanging off the front and don't seem to compliment the vehicle.

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
Yeah I agree on how it sits. I just like that design. I would want the winch mount with one of those leaders for the winch cable.

OP
OP
NYBronco

NYBronco

Loc.
Hartford, CT
Update

Spoke to Paul today and he is pushing forward with the mass buy idea. We now have a couple of distribitors that are going to join in. One being Complete Off Road as some of you may have seen. The details are still under discussion since they are finalizing design details on ther 3/16 vs. 1/4 plate size. Paul is looking to have some solid info the first week of March. Start getting your funds together!!

HandsOn

Loc.
Salinas, CA
brian72 said:
Glad DirtDonk is not trying to get foriegn bumpers... ;D

Hahaha, funny guy. You hadn't heard? We're building stuff in our new facilities in France and Belgium now. In fact they're coming in on the same boats as the Cibie's are!
Remember that first shipment of broken lights? Visualize shifing pallets of heavy steel Bronco parts packed among the glass...!
Just kidding obviously. Though sometimes it feels like it would be faster...

Hey everyone, DirtDonk here (under an assumed name of course). I just e-mailed NYBronco, but wanted to let you know what's been going on around here and why things are moving so slowly.
While changing the thickness of the material is a relatively minor issue in itself, it still involves more than just that. It changes the number of panels the bumper is made from. It changes the way the material is cut and formed. Which also changes equipment used, programming of computers (actually pretty quick once the basics are known) and a whole slew of other little things you don't even think of until you're there. And the metal acts differently to welding and grinding when the thickness changes, which means that all new jigs and fixtures have to be designed as well.
But it wouldn't be so bad if that's all we had to do right now...
What with the changes we're going through right now with the business, the bumpers we're building every day, the other bumpers that Wayne's trying to design for production, and with us trying to attend more and more off-road events as vendors just to let people know we're out there, and you get the picture.
In fact, just over a week we'll be heading out to Moab for the Jeep Safari for ten days of fun, er, I mean work. And that's another delay!
What it all means that I've got plenty to SNIVEL and WHINE about each time the Bronco production gets delayed.
And I AM doing plenty of S & W (snivelling and whining) around here too! I want the bumpers finished as much as anyone. After all, I'm getting one too!
So I just don't want anyone to think they're getting ignored (not completely anyway), or anyone to get too rough on NYBronco for this thing not coming along quicker, but it IS coming. I just can't say anymore just how long it's going to be.
I"m apologizing too, to the new vendors who're trying to help things along, and to thank them for getting involved.
Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Until it changes.
Thanks everyone for your patience through this transition, and thanks to those responsible, for helping to get this rolling when it finally gels. There's still no firm price because of all of this so for those of you that need to know before committing to a purchase of this size, we understand completely and will do what we can to get something in stone for you. Hopefully you can wait it out for the time being.
Thanks again.

Paul