• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Have you ever renamed your Bronco?

kat

Loc.
Bristol
When I first got my 76 it had a 10 year old purple paint job on it. Wasn't bad but I knew I wasn't going to repaint. BUT since it was purple and old (dinosaur) I started calling her Barney. Noticed is typed 'her'.....I believe every car/truck is a female. When it don't want to start or I get it stuck or drop it down in 2nd, I mumble 'Come on girl". And naming the truck Barney doesn't seem right. I don't want to give her a gender complex.
To make things even stranger, I have a magnet sticker with MY nickname on the dashboard which is not feminine but don't have Barney no where on the Bronco.

I'm a little superstitious and having boats most of my life it is considered bad luck to ever change the name of a boat once its named. With that said I thought I would ask the following questions.

What (if any) is the name of your Bronco and where did it come from?

Do you have the name on the Bronco and where?

Have you ever changed it over the years?

If you have named your Bronco, can you leave a picture of it?

Am I crazy or OCD??

Last edited:

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
The white one is Betty... aka Betty White, named by one of my Bronco buddies.
The faded blue one, actually Cal trans Orange underneath, is Mater... Tow mater just seemed to fit.
And then there was Poppy, as in Poppy red (also know Calypso corral) the name sort of fell into place.

No name on them, there has been a lot of change if you count all the work I did to rebuild them. Betty is my current, the other two were sold.

Attachments

• Betty.jpeg
    Betty.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20200706_154215395_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200706_154215395_HDR.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20201204_153754917.jpg
    IMG_20201204_153754917.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: kat

syndicate1

Contributor
3a5accc28c1da580f679cea1c5298488.jpg

Mona, she’s that full figured hard on the eyes gal behind the diner counter that doesn’t talk, doesn’t ask questions and just let’s you sit enjoying your coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOBS 2 68S

Loc.
Hudson, CO
I named my first bronco Henry after Henry Ford. Side note a bought a puppy who pooped in the bronco on the way home so I named him Henry, he claimed it>
The 1/2 cab was named Red when I got it and it has stuck.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I haven't named any of my broncos but I have named some of my other cars.
In high school I had an old F150 pick up a buddy of mine named it the "Midnight Duster", I had my provisional license at the time so I was supposed to be off the road by midnight, I drove really fast and the truck was a faded black. I always pushed it getting home by midnight. So the name stuck and everyone knew the name of the truck, Funny I still to this day have people that ask me about that old truck!

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
i named mine from a combination of the paint code and previous owner. omaha jack! sometimes my wife jokingly calls it OJ

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
I named this one caused it is!!! (no gender required)

But it's been called POS, SOB, and a few other names!!!:oops::rolleyes::oops:

Attachments

• DSCN3669.JPG
    DSCN3669.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0258.JPG
    IMG_0258.JPG
    571.1 KB · Views: 15
  • FSCN2023.JPG
    FSCN2023.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
kat

kat

Loc.
Bristol
Thanks everybody, what is surprising that more men/ non men names than female names

Last edited:

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
I did give mine a name several years ago. But I don't refer to the Bronco by it's name much. It's name is Pokey. After the orange horse from the old Gumby cartoon series.

Attachments

• 0201122237.jpg
    0201122237.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 0201122235a.jpg
    0201122235a.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 0201122234.jpg
    0201122234.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20210813_001455895.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210813_001455895.MP.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 12

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It’s sad you have to explain Gumby and pokey haaa, I’m old
bad carma to change the name

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My 73 has always been called the blue Bronco just to identify which one we were talking about when I had more than one in possession. I attempted for a while to get the name Bruiser to stick because of it being black and blue but the family didn't care much for that. It is now called Bob, short for Blue Old Bronco. It's also because we are old and remember the movie Bob, Carol, Ted and Alice. Our fifth wheel is Alice, and my 2021 Bronco is Ted. I will not give a girl's name to my vehicles so the white F250 can't be called Alice.
Then of course there was Burnie named after the donor vehicle that suffered a cab fire so I wrapped it in flames. Burnie at it's best.JPG

Last edited:

Waldo

Contributor
Owned it since 1993 and never had a name stick. Buddy had a white Cherokee he named "White Stallion" and when he sold it, said I could have the name, but it didn't really fit. Last Sept the boys at Gang Green dubbed it "The Colonel". Not written on the vehicle yet...perhaps a Colonel emblem in the future? 2022-06-30 a - Copy.jpg

gclauson

Contributor
I bought my first Bronco in 1979. I found a previous owner had named her "Beulah". It was a pretty cool name and maybe bad karma to change, so I couldn't bring myself to rename her.

Sold it in 1981, though.

Fast forward to 1989 and I bought another one with the same year and color, so she became "Beulah 2". Still have this one.

Recently bought my third one, so even though it is a different color, I'm following the same scheme: "Beulah 3"!

OP
OP
kat

kat

Loc.
Bristol
My 73 has always been called the blue Bronco just to identify which one we were talking about when I had more than one in possession. I attempted for a while to get the name Bruiser to stick because of it being black and blue but the family didn't care much for that. It is now called Bob, short for Blue Old Bronco. It's also because we are old and remember the movie Bob, Carol, Ted and Alice. Our fifth wheel is Alice, and my 2021 Bronco is Ted. I will not give a girl's name to my vehicles so the white F250 can't be called Alice.
Then of course there was Burnie named after the donor vehicle that suffered a cab fire so I wrapped it in flames. View attachment 885863
First of all beautiful wrap. Do you like the wrap?? Kicked the idea around once. And if you don't mind me asking why won't you give your vehicles a girls name?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
If you have named your Bronco, can you leave a picture of it?

Am I crazy or OCD??

or a little of both hee hee lol Naw, you got the right to do whatever you want

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Then of course there was Burnie named after the donor vehicle that suffered a cab fire so I wrapped it in flames. View attachment 885863

and spectacular one it is too

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
First of all beautiful wrap. Do you like the wrap?? Kicked the idea around once. And if you don't mind me asking why won't you give your vehicles a girls name?
Thanks, it never looked that nice again after hitting the trails and dragging the sides now and then. This was just a fun thing to do because I could get the wrap material cheap. It wasn't really the right type for doing a vehicle but it got the flames on there and that's what I was after. It made patching tears pretty easy because unless you looked close the patch blended right in. As for not giving my cars/trucks girl's names, I don't know. I catch myself patting the dash after getting over a challenging obstacle and saying "thanks buddy" instead of "good girl". Maybe I have issues.

• Haha