• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Have you guys seen this slick Bronco with an '03 Corvette engine?

Dawg_enD

With the exception of the 20's, it's beautiful. I'll never put a bowtie motor in The Hulk, but it doesn't bother me.

Clean is quite an understatement.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
interesting piece. i'd like to see how that t/c shifter set up works. wondering it they are using a t shift with some sort of linear actuator with a joystick. very clean job though. wonder who built it.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Clean yes buy way too not my style. Way too much Chevy and Rice and :-X

Looks like it was built for some Harlem drug dealer ... but I don't see any christmas trees hanging off the rear view mirror though ;D

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
2badrotties said:

Looks like it was built for some Harlem drug dealer ... but I don't see any christmas trees hanging off the rear view mirror though ;D

Christmas trees were my next upgrade :mad:

:-*

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
2badrotties said:

i second 2bad

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
Take away the bumper lights and wheel set-up and thats a nice 'n clean job.

Sometimes you can do too much.

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
Will never get tired of raising the old eyebrow everytime a new (no matter how nicely done) EB shows up with a Chevy (or any other) gas engine transplant. Diesels are a different story as there isn't much of a selection of Ford diesels that'll fit in the EB. There are plenty of options of great gasoline Ford engines (and yes i know that it's you preference to put in it whatever you wish), so for me that's just not something i'd even consider doing...

Very nice work other than the chebby engine and the bling-bling wheels (they just don;t go well with the project)

72_EB

66to77
Wow. I didn't think those 20s were so bad until I saw it mounted on the back. PUKE. Everyone is right on...lose the bling, lose those dorky lights in the bumper, and he's got a really sweet rig!

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
The EB is very clean but why does one have to go though all that extra work installing a chevy motor? I just don't get it. There is plenty of after market EFI setups for the ford motors and a stroked 351W would have been a great addition to that EB.

I didn't do much more than look at the pics but I wonder if the 4x4 system works.

I would also think the resle value would be lower with the chevy engine but one never knows.

Can you tell the Chevy engine thing bothers me? I just don't get it. I can see swapping a chevy engine in on some of the older ford cars/trucks but not one that comes with a SB already.

Those rims are just to big for those tires. They are way out of place but so is the engine.

Other than that it's a very sharp EB.

Dan76

Looks really great besides the rims and blinks on the bumper
:-X

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Nice looking rig. Not even sure why someone would put a bowtie in a bronco since V-8 options are already there in the Ford line up. Nothing against the bowtie, actually a good hotrod motor since there is so much bling for it. I am even going to put one in my landcruiser build. I would rather see someone stuff a 429 or 460 in a Bronco. Also like the diesel idea. 20 inch tires do not belong on any 4x IMHO and the lights on the front bumper take away from the otherwise very clean look of the vehicle. The interior is beautiful and clean as is the engine bay regardless of the motor being run. It is a street machine though.

AZMike

Loc.
Flagstaff
Yeah - the rims are fugly. But - the LS6 he's got stuffed in there is one hell of a motor. It's got a nice flat torque curve, so it's probably good in the Bronco. Unless you race them, the LS1 and LS6 motors are just getting broke in around 100k miles. Granted, there are cheaper options, but it's nice to see something different. I'd drive it in a heartbeat (after replacing those fugly wheels, of course!)

Anyone notice the AZ plate on the back? I suspect you'll be seeing this rig around Scottsdale sometime soon!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
AZMike said:
Yeah - I'd drive it in a heartbeat
oh man you had to go and say heartbeat:p j/k it's not my choice at all but it was very well done imo. not my style for sure esp. wheels and motor. To each their own though