• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Headers For 351W

csjr

Loc.
Lighthouse Point, FL
Chuck's from BCB will definitely fit with 351W and manual NP435 tranny (most likely with stock 3sp tranny) and stock clutch linkage. Most, if not all, long tubes will interfere with linkage close to the equalizer bar. Chuck's shorties are the way to go--unless cu$tom. There is no cheap option. You might luck out with some other shorties, but you might also be like me and try 3 different sets before figuring out that your time is $$ as well....

Muddn7

Loc.
alamogordo, nm
I went with Hooker headers, from Advance Auto parts. They fit nice, and had the perfect clearance for my clutch linkage. Heres the downsize: Install was easy (as it can get shoehorning a 351), but I had to have the drivers output area bent slightly from an exhaust shop. The headers were around $250, and the bending was about an eight of an inch away from the frame at $40. I also relocated the brake line riser and just went without it. If you go this route, bend your own brake lines, then install the headers!

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The Duff headers worked real good with the manual transmission. The big fat overdrive automatic made them a tight fit but they were still the only ones I found that woud work. I tried a few others (by ne means all others) before finally settling on K-code manifolds. I can do that since I don't have a clutch linkage. But in the stick shift days, all I ran were the Duff long tube.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:D :D :D Hooker wheel well work and hooker also made a set just for the 351W in a 66/77 bronco. A frend ran a set of them worked on 3 speed 4 speed top loader and C4 good luck.:cool: :cool: :cool: bill ;D %) :cool:

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I also run the duffy headers with stock linkage on a toploader 4spd. I tried the 402 hedmans and they hit the linkage. That is with a 351w also.