• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Heater air box gap from box to cowl- fix?

PDQ

Contributor
Any secrets from anyone on filling the gap on the bottom of passenger side heater air box and the cowl? I know some (maybe most?) actually sit flush on the cowl but I'm on my second rig with this issue, and just replaced the air box on my current one with a new box in an effort to troubleshoot and there is still a 1/4" gap between the painted cowl and the plastic air box.

Its mainly cosmetic, but it also is a debris, loose hardware and I have to believe moisture trap.

I could put some window seal or something under there, but just looking to see if there's a trick to forcing the actual box flat while still mounting flush to the inner fender.

Thanks as always

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
everyone I have seen has that gap. maybe left that way so when you close the hood it actually seals the box with some give. or just warped plastic.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
The real problem is the fact that only a small percentage of existing EBs are still Broncos. That problem is exasperated by the fact that few current owners even know what a real early Bronco looked like. So it's not surprising a new owner would imagine what they think is real. Too many past owners inflicted their Broncos with truly bad ideas they thought were "cool".