• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Heater blower and stuff..

whyme26

Loc.
Brighton
So the guy I bought this truck from said "these things just don't have heaters". So obviously I had to investigate being that it's about 18 degrees out right now.. Proceeded to tear into the heating system. I found a whole new meaning to the words squirrel cage :eek:

cage.jpg

the whole things was packed with nut shells and god knows what else.. I pulled out a ball of lint and crap about the size of a football... no wonder he never had any heat! needless to say the motor was shot. So figured I may as well do the upgraded motor and cage thing I've read so much about in these forums..

So on to stupid question.
The new Chevy blower motor is perfect, matches all the pictures I've seen, matches the Auto Zone part number I saw in another thread. I'm not very good with electrical mumbo jumbo, so bear with me here... The original motor had two wires coming out of it. Obviously a power and a ground.. The new motor doesn't have any wires coming out of it just a flat spade connection? Should I assume that this upgraded motor is self grounding or something? If I just connect the power to the spade connection will it work? Thanks for any input from any who have done this before.. and please pardon the village idiot..

Tomdee

Loc.
Staten Island
On the Chevy blower there needs to be a ground connection for it to work
A ground wire to a screw on the bloweer should do it.
Hope it helps

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Yes, the spade is your power supply.

You'll have to run a ground wire from one of the motor mounting screw flanges to the chassis or metal part of the heater box.

OP
OP
W

whyme26

Loc.
Brighton
Thanks fellas, that's kind of what I thought. Just didn't want to mess anything up and have to do it all over again..

Man I'm having fun with this thing in an unheated garage even! :)