• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help please!!! blowing fuses

rayc

Loc.
Western Oregon
I started having a problem blowing a fuse in my glovebox labeled "alt/emm". It has gotten steadily worse and now it blows the fuse instantly as soon as it touches, but only when the ignition is turned (not necessarily with the engine on, but just with the key turned). I have tried all amp sizes and it blows them all. Any suggestions on where to start looking? I'm not the sharpest when it comes to wiring.

Thanks in advance.

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
You definately have a short in that circuit somewhere. You need to trace out those wires and look for it touching somewhere. That is my guess anyway. Im not an electrical guy.

Buckin74

Loc.
San Diego
Time to start tracing wires. Start with the obvious, get under the dash and look for wires that are frayed or are bare. Somewhere your ignition circuit is going to ground. You can start at the ignition switch and follow wiring to the engine bay.

If you run outa luck seeing anything, it's time to have a knowlegable friend or auto electric shop find the problem

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
The old wairing harneses can be a real mess. When I got mine, nothing worked but the starter. The fuse blocks can be a major probem as well as all plug in connections. Id look for a bare wire thur the firewall or by the exhaust where it comes off the altenator. Sometimes tou have to wire around the connectors or change them out