• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hi-Lift Jack Bumper Mounting

Aso544

Loc.
Tallahassee, FL
I got a bumper made and was thinking of mount a jack to it horizontal across the top. My thoughts were welding 2 vertical brackets on the back side of the bumper with small threaded post horizontal facing rearward. Then find two large retainers that can secure the jack to the bumper by using the threaded post. It would ideally leave it horizontal along the back of the Bronco just above the top of the bumper so the hitch can still be used.

Anyone done this or have any insight on where to get some parts to fab this.

Here is my rear bumper.....

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
What about just using the High Lift lockable kit. Comes with bolts. I drilled the holes in my bumper then tapped the holes and bolted it on.

Attachments

• 20130908_175548.jpg
    20130908_175548.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Little different setup but mine sits horizontal and fills the recessed space in the tailgate.

IMG_6819_zps1aa711c8.jpg

IMG_6829_zps8705e28b.jpg