• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

High pinion D44 oil pan clearance

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes. In my race truck. Large capacity pan needed clearance. Built new mounts to move motor to the right. Probably not what you’ll need to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’ve always used 3.5” lift as the minimum for using the HP axle.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
351w can have clearance issues with the driveshaft near the rear of the pan. Milodon makes a pan with a notch for clearance.

OP
OP
D

Dannebrog53

@bmc69 thankfully I have a 3 1/2" lift already, good to know and thanks for sharing.

68ford

Bronco Guru
Are you against leaving it full width? Full width makes it no where near the pan and the entire axle can go at least 2in past factory bumpstops.

OP
OP
D

Dannebrog53

@68ford No it's a Currie Rock Jock early Bronco width high pinion and the motor is a 93 5.0 EFI. Looks like it'll be close and I have a 3 1/2" lift like @Senetee mentioned. Worst case scenario I'll go to a 5 1/2" lift. Still waiting on a few more parts before I can put it up in there to check clearances