• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

History Channel Tues Aug.16th Big Easy Motors Bayou Bronco

joebronco73

Contributor
Loc.
Lago Vista, TX
I've always wondered if the production just offsets people's asking price by subsidizing the difference. So, if the shop guys offered $6,500 and the guy wanted $8k, History Channel just pays the extra $1,500 to make the guy happy.

P.S. they didn't even change the plug wires or air filter, but they bolted new valve covers on it...sounds like they really "worked" on it. Sorry, but I had to get that off my chest ;D

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Take it for what it is, a soap opera. It shucks people in with all the staged drama, and makes them want more.;D

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
I had to pause it when the camera quickly panned the engine bay- what a turd!! The firewall wasn't cleaned up much less painted... The engine was rattle canned and had new valve covers, but they didn't even change the carb or tiny air cleaner from the previous owner!! I am surprised they went to the expense of new floors... looked like a Socks & Sandals spray, bolt on and upsell to me...

The best part was while fitting the door inserts- they wouldn't line up and one guy says 'the weight of the seats must have sagged the body after paint'... what? Then they just started drilling away to make new holes... finally adjusting body mounts to get the fit close. I guess they should have come to CB.com first to find out what to do!

Ucantafordnot2

Loc.
China Grove NC
I have watched this show once or twice- like most of these reality TV car shows, it sucks. There is no real meat and potatoes, mostly just filler with fake drama (late parts, incorrect parts, stupid short deadlines) and an even more fake looking car auction at the end (at least Gas Monkey goes to big time auctions).

Its really kind of sad- these guys may be a good shop, but the attempt to make these shows watchable by non-car people really ruins the point in the show. I know its hard to fit a full car build into a one hour show- nevermind 1/2 hour... but they just come off as unrealistic. Of course, I watch alot of them just to see the cars...

I told my wife the same thing last night after watching that show..Told her that the guy that paid 50,000 for a car that has gov. property for a trunk was fake(68 Fury III)..I have a 1965 Fury III with an original Poly-318 that runs great that I am only asking 48,999 for..Geez Louise I need to go to a fake auction..

joebronco73

Contributor
Loc.
Lago Vista, TX
Mountain Ram, that's what I was saying about the engine! They really proved how soapy that show really is. Its borderline offensive that they make it look easy...probably the reason I don't watch that show haha.

edmedlin

Loc.
Republic Missouri
I guess the old adage of "the original builder pays for it" is the best way to describe a quality build. I bought mine "right". Rust free S. Texas. Bought in Little Rock, AR.. 1 of 1 and it is cut, but that can change easy enough if I decide to. It was a good running '75, well cared for except for the front end that had not been lubed regularly. I rebuilt that. The engine is tired. I have repainted it, added the complete Vintage Air system that was included with the Bronco when I bought it. Dynomat, carpet, door cards and seat belts... OEM or new old stock trim parts and I have a lot in it. Will it ever be completely done? hahaha. Welcome to the EB world!! These shows are entertainment and not anything like us real EB owners. I have had mine only for a little over 3 years. I drive it. Anytime I want to. I am getting a new engine. Probably one with a good "thump" to it. Not to burn the tires off. Just to grin a little.....