• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Holley sniper issue on newly rebuilt motor

GloNDark

I am having a hell of a time with a weird issue on the 70 Bronco that I am building.

Built 302, Flat tappet rv cam, Edelbrock Aluminum heads and intake, Toms Shorty headers, 2 into 1 exhaust.

Runs great, starts easy, idles right at 750. The issue I have been seeing is always around the follow scenario. Drive at a constant throttle down the road, come to a stop, clutch in/neutral and it dies. Half the time it starts up right away, half the time it takes 30 seconds of cranking to start.

Any have any ideas where to start? I am brand new to after market fuel injection.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Do you wait the 2½ seconds between key on and cranking?

Might be better to check some holley specific sites. Generally it is too much, or too little fuel.

chuckji

Contributor
Loc.
SE Michigan
Definitely check out the Holley Sniper support forum.
One key adjustment point that many overlook on a new install is the idle air control (IAC). What is yours set at in Neutral, idling at normal engine operating temperature? You’ll want it between 2% ~ 10%.

OP
OP
GloNDark

GloNDark

Thanks guys. I've been over there reading. I have ALOT to learn about this apparently. haha

My IAC at operating temp in neutral is 5%. I'm reading that there is parts of the fueling map "learn" that the self learning function does not touch. And that is usually the issue. So now to take a few drives around the neighborhood and get some data logs.

4xfun

Can you have heat soak or vapor lock on a high pressure fuel system? I have only played with a regular carb, so I apologize ahead of time if this is a stupid question.