• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How about free give aways from vendors here??

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
Anyone looked into this or know anything about it?? On the por board vendors are showing there stuff all the time and giving stuff away. Would this be an option for EB vendors at all?? Seems like a good way to advertise and feed us needy EB owners...

I am curious about what others thoughts are about this...

67ster

Bronco Guru
Those ads at the top are not free . Our vendors are what helps keep this site alive . Free stuff ? , Chuck spends a lot of time on here giving his advice for free . I am just thankful our vendors deal with EB stuff , payment enough !!

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Well, seems like you are the vendor making the biggest profits here getting $36 plus for $7 drop down brackets ;D So what do you want to give away ? On a more serious note, I have seen that done on other sites. They would have contests of some type and the winner would get something small . A ( DSM) site I used to visit did it kinda like a beauty contest. 5 or 6 guys would enter their car per month and all the users would vote on a winner. I personally don't like doing ot that way because the person with the nicest car would win. Well , seems to me the people with nicest car didn't NEED anything. A contest should be open to people who are less fortunate as well ( cosmetically challenged ) so I would prefer another way to chose a winner such as most posts or a question of some type etc. How about a biggest dog contest ?

cheap71

Loc.
dalton, Georgia
I was thinking maybe a free catalog would be nice for members, that helps out both the seller and buyer. And everybody that has an EB could always use a new catalog. just my $.02

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
An interesting idea. Jon, why didn't you think of this? Maybe something like a small daily or weekly prize and a bigger prize every mo or everyother mo.? sounds like a lot of work to me. Jon?

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
This topic has gone around before and its a slippery slope. Like last time, I think the majority of members would prefer to have the vendors keep their distance from us in regards to influencing our buying. This forum flourishes because we have only one special instrest to take into consideration - our Broncos. We test and develop techniques and equipment without concern that a vendor will be PO if we are disappointed with their equipment. Our objective opinions expressed here ae ours without concern for product loyalty. Jon has put together the largest early Bronco board - free of charge to subscribers - because we are a diverse group of owners that recognize we have little obligation to manufacturers. Further evidence of our success is seen with Chuck from BC Broncos - a vendor - who has joined the discussion group as an owner of a Bronco and not as a vendor choosing to push his products. Our open and truthful discussions about products and vendors can help lead product development. Sorry for the rant, but I don't want us to loose our autonomy.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
I like free stuff just as much as the next guy, but I agree it would probably not the best idea for CB.com. I think people may not post good/bad info about vendors if there is a chance that doing so might lose them a free item. Honesty is what I value here because a vendor may or may not tell me what I want to know but a member will tell me his true opinion.

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
[quote author=Waverous link=board=5;threadid=15190;start=0#msg115094 date=1047654118]
This forum flourishes because we have only one special instrest to take into consideration - our Broncos. We test and develop techniques and equipment without concern that a vendor will be PO if we are disappointed with their equipment. Our objective opinions expressed here ae ours without concern for product loyalty.
[/quote]

Waverous is dead-on here. The benefit of this site is unbiased experience with products in addition to advise and opinion. That should not be compromised with potential underlying motivation(s).

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
[quote author=ASE-73 link=board=5;threadid=15190;start=0#msg115105 date=1047657391]
[quote author=Waverous link=board=5;threadid=15190;start=0#msg115094 date=1047654118]
This forum flourishes because we have only one special instrest to take into consideration - our Broncos. We test and develop techniques and equipment without concern that a vendor will be PO if we are disappointed with their equipment. Our objective opinions expressed here ae ours without concern for product loyalty.
[/quote]

Waverous is dead-on here. The benefit of this site is unbiased experience with products in addition to advise and opinion. That should not be compromised with potential underlying motivation(s) and interest.
[/quote]

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I was thinking T-shirt level stuff. I hate to think that I could buy anyone for the price of a T-shirt. But whatever about that. I give out info here when I have it but the main reason I am here is for the input from the list like ideas, opinions, problems and fixes and I would not want to jeopardize any of that.

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
[quote author=chuck link=board=5;threadid=15190;start=0#msg115111 date=1047658938]
I hate to think that I could buy anyone for the price of a T-shirt.
[/quote]

No question. Your involvement on this forum has always been out of sincere interest ... neutral and fact based. My input on this subject is more based on a matter of policy ... meaning "why go there" on the free giveaways.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
Lets not go there......As far as POR you would have to give me something free to put up with thier abuse.

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
I always thought Chuck has this addiction as bad as the rest of us, he has just invented a way to minimize his spending. The other vendors don't seem to have the passion for the EB. If it was about selling parts for toyotas, I get the impression he would be doing something else. By the way, I have never spent a dime withhim, I am only speaking from my experience with his involvement as a member here.

The thing that makes this place great is the brotherhood. We are all here for the same reason. We are fascinated by a unique cult vehicle. There are guys here who have SOLD theirs, or don't even OWN one who are still posting questions and offering info. It is just such a clean concept. The fact that Chuck is a member here just affirms that it is the right place to be.

As Jeepster says, lets just not go there.

Oh yea: A HUGE THANKS!!! to Jon for all that goes into making this thing roll down the trail.

Off my soapbox and back to my stool in the corner I go....

dpm

T

teknalee

CB and POR are very different..POR has all the support in the world.. we're able to afford that stuff.. the bronco world only has us for customers =p i wouldn't expect too much more from our vendors because they already kick ass

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Damn guys, I was thinking maybe chuck would give away FREE tickets to ride the Bronco next time he rolls it down the hill ;D Now I'm all depressed :'(

americanhorses

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, California
Hey this site is free 8)
I think the t-shirt thing chuck talked about would be cool, Chuck I'm not suggesting you give them away, just offer them....How about this on a t-shirt, I'll buy a couple!
broncontop.jpg