• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How big is the stock radio hole?

brian72

Early Bronco Student
How big is the stock radio hole? I have no radio, stock or otherwise, but can not tell if the hole is stock or not.

thanks
brian

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
The stock radio hole should actually be two small holes about 5 inches apart. The face place with the knobs and AM station indicator can be removed from the front of the radio. The main until goes behind the dash and the front slides over the shafts that extend from the radio, though the dash.

Hope that makes sense.
Glenn

cjjhalfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oologah, OK _
If I remember right, it is 3 holes; two for the knobs and one in center for the light. The stock Bronco radio is self-contained behind the dash, and uses a face plate on the front -- no big cutout at all.

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
3 hole is right, Heres a pic of one
b9_1.JPG

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
cjjhalfcab said:
If I remember right, it is 3 holes; two for the knobs and one in center for the light. The stock Bronco radio is self-contained behind the dash, and uses a face plate on the front -- no big cutout at all.

OOPS! I forgot about the center hole. It was many years ago that I cut mine out to install that cool new 8-track player (I think it was 1977 - I was 16).

IowaMike

Bronco Guru
The stock appearing hole on my '68 measures 4 inches across with the knob holes 5 inches apart on center.

OP
OP
brian72

brian72

Early Bronco Student
Well - I guess my dash has been cut bye the PO for some aftermarket radio based on all the good information.