• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How good is your Investment in a Bronco?

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
“Broncos are attractive and their convertible models have a warm-weather appeal,” Hagerty said. “Also, their engines have a bit more pep than Jeep.”

This cracked me up. Aren't they ALL convertibles?

OP
OP
mburlew

mburlew

Loc.
Springfield
That was written by a nerd writer on the 52nd floor of a New York city office building.

This is actually good press for early Broncos. Bloomberg is popular source for business news.

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
So is this light at the end of the tunnel, or a pipe dream?

My definition of an investment isn't a pit money goes in and never comes back out of, which is what my Bronco's feel like. However, it's nice to know I might get something out of one should I sell. (Sadly the thought has crossed my mind, for the 70 anyway.)

Chicago71Bronco

Loc.
Chicagoland
I think it depends on how you perceive the word "investment". I'm guessing that if we all sold our rigs about 90% of us would have to sell them for less than we have into them (therefore not making a great investment). I also know that most of us don't own a bronco for the purpose of making money - we have them because they're awesome and we enjoy driving/wheeling/wrenching them.

That being said, it's nice to know that values are increasing and we won't take as big of a loss should we decide to sell.

For me personally, my bronco was my first car and my first love. I'll sell everything own and live out of the damn thing before I even think about selling it.

So what should we do with this article? Here's the answer: send it to the wife and use it to rationalize that new crate motor, or that hydroboost system, or that new lift kit :) After all, Bloomberg said its a great investment!

Just my $.02

SHX669

Bronco Guru
Ya- everything Chicago71 said -- plus -- If someone buys an EB just for the investment they're missing the point. :)
SHX

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My Bronco is an investment in happiness...I can think of a million better ways to make money...well maybe not better, but certainly more effective.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Bronco investment hell no.
You have to sell an investment to reap the rewards.
The Bronco gives its rewards as you own and enjoy it.

A Bronco is the last step before insanity it keeps you from going over the edge. Everyone tells you your crazy for owning one your just too crazy to listen.

Weevil

I'm in the Hole on mine ...and I ask myself, when I'm working on it for a long period of time
" Am I Having Fun Yet " but when I'm out Crawling I have to pull myself back and say
" Man This Is Fun " and remember the skint knuckles and aggravation of taking it apart and putting it back together..... It is worth the time and money spent

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
What sucks about all this is I want to buy a second one...but now I have doubts that I will be able to.

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
The Journey... that's all that matters. Driving the Bronco always leaves me in a better mood regardless of whats going on around me.

BTW- I am probably in the hole as well and go a little deeper each year.

Jeff76

Loc.
Alpharetta GA
For me personally, my bronco was my first car and my first love. I'll sell everything own and live out of the damn thing before I even think about selling it.

^^This

And she's sitting in my basement right now, and she's willed to my first born. My lawyer advised: "not typically wise to specifically will vehicles, as they are often bought and sold before the will is invoked.". My reply: 'not this one'.

I guess the increasing value brings in more speculators and makes things more expensive for the hobbyist, but it's nice to see something you care about be appreciated by others...I'll still be upside down on latest one, and way ahead on the first one...

Jeff

Lon

Thank you for sharing. I found the article interesting. my financial adviser on the other hand is still mid eye roll when I left her office,so much for financial diversification.

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
my financial adviser on the other hand is still mid eye roll when I left her office,so much for financial diversification.

That's why I fired mine and started doing my own investing. She talked me out of dropping a big chunk on Ford back when it was 1.25, right now it's 13.43, do the math:mad:

Jim W.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Well at least they aren't goin down in value. I too might like another one day but might not be in the books with prices going up! ;D