• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How to go to first new post in a thread

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
With the old forum software, you could click on the arrow next to a thread with posts that you hadn't seen and it would take you to the first post you hadn't read.

Is there a similar feature with the new software?

carter2772

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
With the old forum software, you could click on the arrow next to a thread with posts that you hadn't seen and it would take you to the first post you hadn't read.

Is there a similar feature with the new software?
The yellow square that says "NEW" seems to do what youre talking about.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
It only works on new topics since the website update. Old watched threads it doesn't work on.

Now all you have to do is click the thread title in your watched thread list and it will take you to the first unread post

carter2772

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
well and maybe to be more clear. Ive found in the past, people use this site differently. With the old software, I would just view the forum by the "latest post" tab, that way i would see all the forum catagories. Some guys search the "chat' section or "tech' etc.... SO with this new software, I go into the forum tab, then click "New Posts" and it brings up all the latest posts, and has the yellow "New" square if there are posts i havent read yet.

Attachments

• cb001.png
    cb001.png
    281.8 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
SO with this new software, I go into the forum tab, then click "New Posts" and it brings up all the latest posts, and has the yellow "New" square if there are posts i havent read yet.

Interesting. When I tried that the first few days, it simply took me to the first post in the thread. Now it seems to be working the same way as the arrow on the old software.

Thanks for the suggestion, thereby making me try it again.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
As JefeAZ said, it should work find going forward, but the first time you go into an old thread (since before the forum upgrade), it won't remember where you were. But the next time you visit that thread it will remember.