• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hubby in Iraq- want to fix up the Bronco while he's away would appreciate any advice

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
saryan said:
Yeah I have a guy in Houston that has a hood for us. If he could meet up with you coach do you have room foor it?? Let me know and I will talk to him.

Shawn Webster has a real nice hood that will be on Bob's truck when the time comes....
I think Shawn has a lot of small stuff too.
I think he has been in contact with Cory from what he said.
Chris
PS Melissa , did you get my engine question?

grs44310

Loc.
Akron, Ohio
Could someone PM me the addy for the "super secret OBB website?" I have some odds and ends that I could contribute if needed.

Thanks,
Greg

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
I dont think any of us would do this but I just want to make it clear. DO NOT COME TO THE OBB AT THE OCBR WITHOUT REGISTERING FOR OCBR. This is not a free ticket in and we need to make sure and support the OCBR. I dont think any of us would do this but I want to make it clear that everyone will frown :mad: :mad: at you if you dont register. Thanks guys.

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
saryan said:
I dont think any of us would do this but I just want to make it clear. DO NOT COME TO THE OBB AT THE OCBR WITHOUT REGISTERING FOR OCBR. This is not a free ticket in and we need to make sure and support the OCBR. I dont think any of us would do this but I want to make it clear that everyone will frown :mad: :mad: at you if you dont register. Thanks guys.

Already registered, I got my conformation email and everything! Yipee! ;D

zainyD

I just got done reading through this awesome thread!! What a great project! I'm interested in donating and in getting the link to the OBB web-site. Could someone please PM it to me?

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
woops

CPT_D_1969 said:
:D Got it. There is an update on OBB website under forum engine thread. Thanks again Chris ;D

I have been having trouble getting into the forum.
Don't know why and can't seem to get any assistance so you may just have to PM me with your answer.......
Thanks Melissa.
CHris

NEVER MIND I finally got back in and got your answer.
I posted my response there.
Thanks
Chris

Last edited:

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
Seems to be working fine now.
I haven't been able to get in for quite a few days.
IF I did get in once I posted then I couldn't get back in..........
I have no idea what was wrong. But yes I got your answer Mellissa, thanks
As I said I posted my reply there.
Chris

RobbieS

saryan said:

We at OCBR want to be sure everyone understands that we think OBB is a really cool idea. We just have to be sure, because it is an organized event, that we have covered all of the liability issues. If you are coming just to work on OBB, you have TWO OPTIONS! If you don't own a Bronco, or don't want to register for OCBR, you must register with the park office and sign the waiver of liability that they have there. Park fees, in this case, are a decision for the park to make. If you own a Bronco and either bring it, or bring proof of ownership, you can register with OCBR and participate in our events as well as work on OBB. Park fees are included in our registration fee. We are looking forward to everyone having a really good time! IF YOU ARE GOING TO REGISTER FOR OCBR, PLEASE SEND YOUR REGISTRATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO WE CAN GET T-SHIRTS AND MEALS ORGANIZED!!!! Robbie-OCBR

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
;D Looking forward to seeing everyone there! Wish you all could come to the OCBR. I guess I will have to meet everyone else some other time! ;D Counting down the days.

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
;D Update as of this morning: John says he hasn't received anything in the mail, but it is only slowing him down, not stopping him. We should be seeing some more pics soon. I talked with Ben today, I will be meeting him at the shop tomorrow afternoon to get the 9"BB he brought. That is about all that is going on right now. I hope everyone is having a great day! Thank you all again so very much for all your support in this. It still seems too good to be true! ;D

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Here's a few pics of what we did last night. Filled the holes from the reflecters and the spare tire mount, spot of rust on the right quarter. Straightened the damage to both quarters. Recut the wheel openings and smoothed them out. Basically all the sheetmetal work is done on the quarters. The left rocker is really butchered up but I think we can save it.

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 92
  • MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 83
  • MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 100
  • MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 88
  • MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 71

msweb

Bronco Guru
Looks great! Thanks for the pictures and the updates, each one I see makes me even more proud to be an American!

I think the world would be a much better place if everyone drove Broncos :cool:

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
;D Hey Guys! I saw the OBB up close and in person today. First time since the day it rolled into the shop! John has been very busy. I got that 9" BB from Ben today. ( Very nice guy, his Dad was nice also) That is about all there is to report today! Thank you all again so much for everything. This is so awesome! ;D