• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I am 6'5 do i fit in a classic bronco?

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
I put some 90's Mustang convertible seats with the OEM Mustang sliders (hammered modified) to set LOW in the red Bronco. And I mounted them a little further back, plenty of leg/head room. It is all about the seat position and being a low profile suspension seat. Corbeau Baja SS are/can be pretty much flat mounted against the floor pan. https://corbeau.com/baja-ss/
My legs are almost straight out setting in the railbuggy. I swear there is a Bronco under it.

Attachments

• Bco seats.jpg
    Bco seats.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_1924.JPG
    100_1924.JPG
    321 KB · Views: 23
  • B 5.JPG
    B 5.JPG
    319 KB · Views: 24

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Todd, since we can't get the viewfinder windshield anymore I'm cutting out that section of the upper windshield frame and going with cable wipers. That gains some of that Viewfinder visibilty back. Recaro's used to be stock in a bunch of Euro cars back then. Jetta's, etc came with them. DANG comfy seats!

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anyone able to comment on the BMW seat conversion? I haven't done it myself, but I seem to remember hearing they sat a little lower that the rest for more head room.
I don't think they are any lower. I have them

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Todd, since we can't get the viewfinder windshield anymore I'm cutting out that section of the upper windshield frame and going with cable wipers. That gains some of that Viewfinder visibilty back. Recaro's used to be stock in a bunch of Euro cars back then. Jetta's, etc came with them. DANG comfy seats!

I'll be interested in seeing how it turns out, Brian! Yeah, the Recaros from the '80s were super comfy seats and looked good too! The ones in the Jettas were really nice seats and are highly prized today as well. Mine came from a 320is - most of them ended up in 2002s. They are nearly impossible to find today and huge $$ if you can find them. I got mine back in 2009 and they cost a pretty penny even then.

Todd Z.

RM70

Contributor
I'm 6'3 and with my S197 mustang seats modified I can see out the windshield fairly well. Before I was staring right at the top of the windshield frame.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Unlike Taskers roll bar that leans back from the driver, mine stands straight up from the floor. I did have to pad the bar on mine. Don't mind the dated Saddleman blanket seat covers, I was using it to commute to work for a while and wanted to keep the velour seats in nice shape.

Attachments

• IMGP6685.JPG
    IMGP6685.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 9

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
MIata seats are low.... like I mentioned before. Sports car seats have to be low since the roof needs to be lower/car needs to sit lower to the ground. Ton's of low seats out there but don't believe us, go sit in a few friends cars, go to a junkyard. Finding '70's era Beamer seats in excellent condition is like finding a needle in a haystack. Go to several boneyards with a tape measure and try out several dozen seats.

Installing non-stock seats is easy. FInd what works for YOU then, mount them. Even if you have to pay some shop a couple hundred to make a couple simple brakets you are way ahead.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm 6'5" with an average torso length, so with Mastercraft Sportsman seats mounted low and back a bit, it's all good. Lights at most intersections are fine, but the extra higher the lights or narrower the intersection, the more likely I'll need to lean forward to see a light...doesn't really bother me. My hood is olive drab green and 100% non-reflective, so I can't use that hack. I run a ~Ø13" steering wheel and 3-spd floor shifter without issue.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I lowered the seats 5" from stock, cut the floor and use a low suspension seat. anyone under 6' looks like a little kid through the windshield. When I built mine that was my one complaint was the windshield blocking view of traffic lights and more importantly hill climbs. My seat height is even with the factory floor under the factory seat. I'm only 5'10 and like sitting low and as close to the center of gravity as I can. It actually improves ride quality, think about hitting bumps near the pivot, then hit them being higher than the pivot, there is a lot more motion.

tirewater

Contributor
Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
I'm 6'2" with a longer torso and have to slouch to see stop lights. I have stock seats, visors and hard top. No issues with head touching the roof, just the low windshield gets in the way.

I may invest in an old timey stop light prism.

Stop light prism.

Drucifer

Contributor
ORF
Loc.
Santa Rosa
6’5” here. I run the Bestop seats with their low sliders. Having recline ability is really the key. Like others I have to bend over to see stoplights but I don’t find it to be a bother. The sliders allow my 5’6” wife to be able to drive it too.

Attachments

• 95C8714E-6121-4AD1-9F1F-85C936589F84.jpeg
    95C8714E-6121-4AD1-9F1F-85C936589F84.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 15

Jamie Chriss

I am tall with longer legs than torso. There are a few options. There is a vendor who sells seat offset kits, they fit only some seat styles. I have Caribu seats so that wasn't an option. You will need the seat to go back 6 inches past standard. I was limited due to my type of roll cage I have, but you can move the bracket back with a little engineering.

Attachments

• Seat 1.jpg
    Seat 1.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Seat 2.jpg
    Seat 2.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 19

SouthPaw74

Contributor
Loc.
South Florida
I'm 6'5" with original stock seats. The seat relocation bracket from BigHoov (TX) is the best option to maintain a stock look and increase legroom. Allows for 2 to 4 extra inches depending on where you mount the seats to the bracket. It uses the original seat bracket holes and requires no drilling!!

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
6'4" and I fit fine. I used 1988 Nissan Pulsar high back buckets. They sit as low as possible, fully recline, and I can see the stoplights just fine. The top of my big bucket head is basically in line with the top of the window glass, so my eyes are looking through the top half of windshield like any other car for me.

Attachments

• 20190710_174513.jpg
    20190710_174513.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 19

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
do not buy before you test it. I'm slightly long in body, need to put my head on the steering wheel to see the light, need to crunch up to get in and out. I have very low suspension seats from mastercraft and I think they sit 1 inch lower than stock.