• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I need help locating obsolete Dana part

rutwad

I broke the RH steering knuckle on my EB and I cannot seem to find the part ANYWHERE. The part number is 35823 for the knuckle. The complete knuckle assembly part number is 27577x. Any advice?

thanks in advance

Last edited:

welndmn

Bronco Guru
Jeff's should have.
If not, you can swap both sides kuckles from a Chevy 44 like you would find in the disc brake swaps.

OP
OP
R

rutwad

Jeff's should have.
If not, you can swap both sides kuckles from a Chevy 44 like you would find in the disc brake swaps.

How would I know which knuckles will fit? I don't know much about it other than it is broke, and I want it fixed.;D

OP
OP
R

rutwad

the one I found does not work. Could someone please let me know if they know where one is, ebay or otherwise.

Thanks

KManuel

Loc.
Cape Cod

sprinksbeme

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kingman, AZ
I don't know where you are but try Driven Auto Parts in Phoenix AZ. Randy can fix you up he sells on eBay also. There wont be any guessing about it fitting. They are like a 4x4 used car parts warehouse.
http://www.drivenautoparts.com/
If you call them make sure to mention That Marty from the Walapai 4 Wheelers in Kingman told you about them. They sponsor our events and many others and it helps.

OP
OP
R

rutwad

I heard others saying that GM knuckles can be put on a Ford axle as well as other exchanges. I really knew nothing about knuckles, spindles, hubs, etc. until I took on this project. Therefore I have to rely on others to tell me "this will work". But if so many different knuckles fit on the same axle, why are there so many different knuckles?

The knuckle I just put on (36646) seemed to work at first. The knuckle, hub, spindle, axle all work fine. It was when I went to install the brake caliper that something did not seem right. It's still on the Bronco, still assembled, so comparing the 2 was difficult. Best I can tell, the 36646 is bigger toward the rear of the bronco. My caliper was hitting it before I was able to align the holes for mounting it. Then I noticed the tie rod hole (?) measures about 1" farther out than the other.

BTW, how tight should nuts be on the ball joints?
And what if the split coupling with outside threads that came with them?

I emailed Tom's once before with no response. I did email him again last night.

sprinks, I will definitely try them.

OP
OP
R

rutwad

The part number is 35821. The casting number on the knuckle is C35823. Sorry if I previously confused anybody, but I just found this out.