• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Issue Resolved I noticed that my "guru" status has suddenly reverted to "contributer"

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
It use to be that folks that posted over 1000 posts became gurus. Also the account settings are limited in scope. What happened to that and when did it change?

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Still the same.

Yes, over 1000 posts gets the title "Bronco Guru". Over 1500 posts means you can customize that title, which you've done. You changed it to say "Planetary Offroader". It shows below your "Contributor" status.

1661552928351.png

Also the account settings are limited in scope.
Not sure what this means. Can you explain more?

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I now Identify as a Guru...

Last edited:
OP
OP
MarsChariot

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
On the other hand, thinking about it a little, it does seem that the box with "contributor" is more prominent than it needs to be. Everybody is a contributor pretty much. Seems like that space could be used to better purpose. Don't know what, but it seems secondary.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
On the other hand, thinking about it a little, it does seem that the box with "contributor" is more prominent than it needs to be. Everybody is a contributor pretty much.

The contributor box indicates you've paid the $12 per year to post photos. Not everyone has done that, hence the indication you have.

OP
OP
MarsChariot

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Yes, of course. By that I meant, it is common, although not universal obviously, so it seemed like that spot could be used for something else. But my point is that that is maybe site-specific information. But it works.