• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ICON Tire Carrier Bracket

Mark1911

I have been wanting the ICON tire carrier for years, but what about people who have a 1" body lift? or more? I suppose one could use the James Duff filler panel?
any other ideas?

Mark

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
I have been wanting the ICON tire carrier for years, but what about people who have a 1" body lift? or more? I suppose one could use the James Duff filler panel?
any other ideas?

Mark

i don't see how this carrier would impact a body lift.

Mark1911

It is a matter of having a larger gap between the body and bumper, maybe I am not seeing it correctly. Most aftermarket bumper builders compensate for different body lifts as to reduce the amount of gap. Maybe I am just not seeing it correctly.

Mark

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just looked at the instructions, I don't see anything that looks like it would require a body lift.

Mark1911

Duffy, I probably didn’t make a correct statement, I have a 1” body lift and ICONS bumper/tire carrier appears to bolt directly to the frame in the stock location as the original did. The reason ICON BRs have the “stock” looking gap is the art Morrison frame is designed and manufactured to eliminate the gap. As you are aware and corrected the awful gap with “bumper lift”
Well anyways I am sure anything Johnathan uses is well thought out and designed.
I was just wondering how to reduce or eliminate the 1” gap using ICONS bumper/tire carrier, due to the fact I have a 1” body lift on a stock 71 frame.

Mark