• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ignition timing

OP
OP
L

ltatro

Loc.
Michigan
I forgot to say that I'm running a carb with dual point mallory, if that makes any difference.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
Ahhh, I would say set it to 8 at idle with the vacuum advance disconnected. Then I would bump it until it pings under hard acceleration (with the vacuum advance hooked up again) and back it off until the pinging stops. The number for base I'm afraid I can't give you. Timing marks are fairly inaccurate I've discovered, so set the idle to 800 and do this until it has the power/ driveability you like.