• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Im not waving at new Broncos, anymore.

darrell82

So i've had 2 instances where I've waved to a new Bronco with no response. One of those times after I had waved to the guy with no response we ended rolling down the highway next to each other going maybe 35-40 miles an hour, I revved the ol' 302 and let the Flowmasters sing! It startled the guy, he swerved a bit and looked over. I gave him a wave and he gave a nervous wave and smile back. I told my son in the passenger seat his Bronco cant do that!

Darrell

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Exactly. Just like a wave going over their head.
We have to remember that not every new Bronco owner is buying it because they’ve always wanted an old bronco. Or because they respect old Broncos. Or even that they always wanted a Jeep.
They’re buying it because it fits their life at that moment. Maybe they like the look, or price, or color, or it was the only thing on the dealers lot they liked. Or the only thing left period!
Nothing at all to do with knowing about old Early Broncos.

Last edited:

mustanggarage

Contributor
I was driving my 71 yesterday, and saw someone coming my way in a new bronco. i gave a small raise the hand off the steering wheel wave, and the lady driving the new bronco gave me a big full arm enthusiastic wave back. I was not really expecting it lol. so some of them out there get it.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I was driving my 71 yesterday, and saw someone coming my way in a new bronco. i gave a small raise the hand off the steering wheel wave, and the lady driving the new bronco gave me a big full arm enthusiastic wave back. I was not really expecting it lol. so some of them out there get it.

haha good for her

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I am over the Jeep wave. If someone waves to me when I am driving my Jeep I will wave back but the Jeep wave hierarchy is just ridiculous.

I will wave at new or old broncos if I feel like it. Would be way more likely to wave at an EB than a new bronco. I have gotten a few thumbs up and a couple of waves in our new bronco but not nearly as much as my 67, and that is ok with me.

they got no clue...

OP
OP

77BRONKOTN

OK, so some more personal experience the other day.

Im at a light with a new bronco next to me, doors/top off. Young family of 4, maybe 30ish. I can reach over and touch them.

So I decide to ignore them as I pull up. Wife starts looking at my Bronco and asked her husband what it was, he said he didn't know. She said , 'I think thats a old Bronco.' He could care less as the wife as the kids started getting excited. Wife starts chat with me and asks to take a picture.

Im starting to think people didn't know there was a old Bronco, that bought the new one.

I did get another new one same day, pass me and blow his horn. He knew.

This was all during a rod run here in Pigeon forge.

syndicate1

Contributor
OK, so some more personal experience the other day.

Im at a light with a new bronco next to me, doors/top off. Young family of 4, maybe 30ish. I can reach over and touch them.

So I decide to ignore them as I pull up. Wife starts looking at my Bronco and asked her husband what it was, he said he didn't know. She said , 'I think thats a old Bronco.' He could care less as the wife as the kids started getting excited. Wife starts chat with me and asks to take a picture.

Im starting to think people didn't know there was a old Bronco, that bought the new one.

I did get another new one same day, pass me and blow his horn. He knew.

This was all during a rod run here in Pigeon forge.

Amazing story but what I interpreted is the husband knew you had an OG Bronco and didn’t want to acknowledge its waaaaay cooler than the new bronco, wife liked your bronco better than her husband’s new bronco, wife chatted you up maybe batted her eyes, wife asks you for a picture and then asks her husband to take the picture, husband drove home sulking. HAHA!

Happens all the time when I’m driving my ‘74.... wife or girlfriend walking down the street with husband or boyfriend... wife or girlfriend give the thumbs up. Husband/boyfriend look the other direction. It’s even funnier when my lady is riding shotgun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helo-mech

Pulled alongside at the light next to an older gentleman in his 60s; nice looking 4 door. He looked over and looked straight back forward; I was shocked.

Sitting at a left turn signal when traffic from the turn light to my right starts to come through and caught the biggest smile and wave ever from a women with her kids in a 4 door.

Passed a young couple with the girlfriend/wife driving and got all kinds of nods and waves. I could see her pointing mine out in the mirrors as I was up

You never know who will recognize one another and who won’t. Some of the new owners may be thinking that is with the EBs are being snotty and not wanting to recognize the new breed. At this point I’ll wave and move on so myself, in the EB, can’t be accused on some form of being the jerk.

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
I am starting to think all the 4dr Jeep guys have bought all the new Broncos around here. Jacked up Jeeps are disappearing, and I swear at any major intersection you will see a 6G Bronco at least two of the streets. Virtually no Sasquatches or modified. 90% of them are 4 door soft tops, with little tires, that bland boring light blue color everyone gets or black, and usually a soccer mom or a 60 year old guy with a cell phone ear bud driving them.

Now the 2 doors...that is a rare item around here in rich folk land. I kind of think the 2 doors look pretty cool in person. The 4 doors are a dime a dozen and blend in with traffic.
As far as waving, I haven't driven my 73 all summer because of doing projects on it and the house, so who knows. But it was funny, I came home today and some unknown random surfer kid and my stepson came out of the garage and the kid said "Sir, your Bronco is looking really badass" (maybe he said "rad", ) :ROFLMAO: anyway, there is still hope for the new generation of kids, I guess, and my EB is chump change compared to the ones on here.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Yeah, the "kids" sure know what Broncos are. Every time a new delivery guy drives up or like yesterday 2 young kids working for the County pulled in and they always, I mean 90% of them always comment on how "bad ass" or "F-ing cool" it is. Hard to not know anything about Broncos with how popular they are now.

Anyway, I've never had a new Bronco guy ever wave to me in our town/County. Oh well, they don't drive the same rig as I do and I can't wave to every car that goes by as half of Seattle has moved in lately.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Was out in the half cab, in the turn lane stopped at a light. A 4dr carbonized grey rolls up beside me. Fender stickers were replaced with Bronco script emblems. Looked at his rig and the guy was staring straight ahead, never glanced over. Pretty sure he works at the local Ford dealer.

Was coming back to the same light and a Bronco Sport was turning in. Lady driving was waving like she was trying to put out a fire and giving a thumbs up with a huge smile on her face.

Go figure........😆

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
I've seen 2 in gas stations. I wasn't in a Bronco either time. But I walked over & talked to both owners while my tank was filling.

One was a lady who'd been looking for a family suv. She had tried several vehicles, but the Bronco won her over. Once she owned it, she fell in love. She worked hard to sell me on how great they are.

The other was a former jeeper. His was set up for going offroad. He said he wasn't done yet, & we both laughed that they're never done. He loved his too & was glad to have changed brands.

Eventually I told them both that I had some older Broncos. They both lit up & said they really liked those too. Seemed like nice normal people.