• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Im not waving at new Broncos, anymore.

billh1289

Contributor
Loc.
Jackson, NJ
Out in the country here in Tennessee waving at oncoming traffic is still somewhat common, especially trucks. Less so than it used to be, but I've made the mistake of carrying the practice in cities like Nashville....not such a good idea, but they do practice economy of motion by waving back with one finger

I'm thinking that a lot of new Bronco owners are more interested in the trendiness of NEW Broncos and don't really care about the design that kicked off the brand.

Guess there's no accounting for a lack of taste
They must be transplants from jersey… that’s pretty much how we wave here…

TAC71

Contributor
My wife...not me ....owned a Heep. I HATED driving it. Total POS . When the rocker arms started to go I sold it. Sick of fixing that pile of S***. Anyway, when I did drive it, I would never wave at another Heep..
In my early Bronco, I wave at every early Bronco but no Heeps.
Went out wheelin with early and new Beoncos .... and they are a different bunch of people, not bad, just different.
I haven't waved at them either, but they have never waved at me.

NickMcAFP

Contributor
Loc.
Sturbridge
My wife...not me ....owned a Heep. I HATED driving it. Total POS . When the rocker arms started to go I sold it. Sick of fixing that pile of S***. Anyway, when I did drive it, I would never wave at another Heep..
In my early Bronco, I wave at every early Bronco but no Heeps.
Went out wheelin with early and new Beoncos .... and they are a different bunch of people, not bad, just different.
I haven't waved at them either, but they have never waved at me.
I'm pretty burned out by the number of new jeeps I see driving around every day but I'll never understand the hate thrown at them by people outside of the jeep community. I grew up around jeeps and whenever I drive one I try to remember to waive.

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
I live in the suburbs, but my subdivision is on a small peninsula, with about 800 homes and only 1 road into it. At least 70% of the people wave if you are walking or jogging and they drive by, everyone says hello when walking their dog and you are mowing your lawn or whatever. And I would say 50% of people wave to each other in cars as they pass each other because if you don't obviously look like a contractor, you just kind of assume the person lives there somewhere because there is not a through road. Makes for a friendlier place.
Now once I leave the subdivision, that's different, I will see 6G everywhere around here and they are almost exclusively driven by soccer moms. Hell, I told my wife the other day that I had been on a list to get one (I ordered then cancelled a 2dr) and she saw ANOTHER 4 door go by and she said "you were going to get one of those? It looks like something a girl would drive." 🤣
And don't take that as me being a 6G hater, because I am not.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Everyone still pretty much waves at everyone around here until you get into town. If I'm in the 66 or 71 I'll get a few waves in town. No waves in the 22'. I couldn't tell you the last time I saw an eb on the road within 50 miles, even though I know of a few.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
I bet the new bronco owners will be swapping miniature rubber horses soon much like the jeep folks are doing with the rubber ducks. 😂😂 it’s just a different demographic for the most part. All computer savey YouTubers and instagramers.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
It's the way of a the world with new vehicles in a marque. It has happened over an over. Over in the Fiat world, many of us were "orphaned" since 1982 when Fiat left North America. When they returned a couple of years ago, we were all excited and many of us gleefully waved at every new Fiat. And the drivers of those looked at us like "Why is that guy in the "little car" waving at me?" After a year or so we all quit doing that. New car buyers are a different breed and are not plugged into the Mmrque like those of us who have been laboring in the corner for years. They didn't and don't know we exist.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
haha! look at us analyzing the Gen6 owners. Here's a story: I arrived at my sons baseball game last week and pulled into a stall right next to a near G6. It had a lift, 37s, new bumpers, winch, was pretty modded out. Guy sees me pulling in and smiles... I get out and say, "nice bronco!" His reply, "thanks!" and then just walks away... I gotta admit, I was looking for more. Maybe a "hey thanks and same to you!" or some maybe a "thanks, and what year is yours?" kind of acknowledgement that i was driving one too? :rolleyes:.
He probably went home & told his wife about how the guy in the cool old jeep liked his Bronco.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I bet the new bronco owners will be swapping miniature rubber horses soon much like the jeep folks are doing with the rubber ducks. 😂😂 it’s just a different demographic for the most part. All computer savey YouTubers and instagramers.
Already doing this. Called "Buck, Buck, Bronco" (as opposed to "Duck, Duck, Jeep"). See reply #18.

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just met another 21 rapid red across a four way stop intersection. I pointed, smiled and waved as he went by and all I got was eye contact. C’mon, at least a nod.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I was at a car show yesterday and a guy that has an EB had a shirt that was perfect had an outline of an EB and it said "I own an original". I drove our 2022 Black Diamond a lot over the weekend and saw a bunch of new broncos waved at all of them and didnt get one wave back. I agree most people dont know what they are driving and dont understand the bronco history and the effort we all put into our EBs. I drove my EB last Friday for about 15 minutes had three waves and a guy at a stop light that wanted to have a full blown conversation about it. The Ebs will always be cooler than the new ones, I love my EBs but I also love my new one. But they are apples and oranges.

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was at a car show yesterday and a guy that has an EB had a shirt that was perfect had an outline of an EB and it said "I own an original". I drove our 2022 Black Diamond a lot over the weekend and saw a bunch of new broncos waved at all of them and didnt get one wave back. I agree most people dont know what they are driving and dont understand the bronco history and the effort we all put into our EBs. I drove my EB last Friday for about 15 minutes had three waves and a guy at a stop light that wanted to have a full blown conversation about it. The Ebs will always be cooler than the new ones, I love my EBs but I also love my new one. But they are apples and oranges.
Sounds like you got your new Bronco. You are going to have to amend your signature block stating that you are still waiting.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Sounds like you got your new Bronco. You are going to have to amend your signature block stating that you are still waiting.
Well I got a new bronco but not the one I ordered! I still have my badlands on order like I said I may get it someday! Got the Black Diamond for my wife.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
What BGBronco said... I gave up initiating the "hi wave" and of course I'll wave back if I can see them thru their tinted glass.

I feel the same way about events. Buying your way in to a group of vehicles that has a myriad of quirks and idiosyncracies which make them unique and then saying you are now a "full fledged member" is not even close to the experience of owning & hearing the stories of those that say "I need to fix it every time I drive it" or "I need to wipe the oil drips off the floor every morning when I leave for work" :) original model... it's the experiences of EB ownership to me.

I have great friends who drive Chevy trucks ok?? lol
FORD. Does stand for fix or repair daily…just had to throw a new volt regulator in mine yesterday lol….oh and it leaks too

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
... and this is why I kinda have a problem with Gen 6 at events... not the same is it? Not the same experiences, not the same vehicle & no real commonality.

Eastwood

Last saturday I was sitting at a red light in my 77' when a new Bronco turned in front of me. He honked and waved. This is in a small Texas town.