• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Impact Wrench

needsmoarturbo

We have a Milwaukee at work, it is truly a beast.
But if you have a a bunch of cordless tools already there is some rationality to going same brand so you don't have to have a bunch of different batteries and charger around.

ame

I have a Makita 1/2" and its a beast, rated at almost 1200 ft lbs of break away force which not sure I believe but have not had a bolt yet that it did not break loose. IR also makes some nice ones but overall I would try and match all your cordless tools to one brand as previously mentioned.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
big difference btw the dewalt 18volt and the 20v max xr !

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I just bolt a kobalt 1/2 24 volt from Lowes and highly recommend it. Quite a bit cheaper then the snap-on, MAC and dewalt. Has plenty of torque and will last all day on a charge
I have the same one, the batteries seem to last a long time just sitting not in use
We just had a new harbor freight open near me, Can't wait to go check it out and hopefully not spend too much money haha

ours just opened up last month, where do you think I am getting all my sanding supplies and grinder wheels;D

Bogar

The Dewalt 20v brushless offer a lot of value to guys that don't use their tools 10 hours a day (professionals).

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
One thing I have noticed about my Dewalt and Milwaukee tools is that the Milwaukee batteries seem to be much better.

My impact wrench, and both batteries, have been in the back of my Yukon since October. It’s parked out in the cold under a tree. I just checked the batteries and both are fully charged. My Dewalt batteries are dead after a couple of weeks of sitting in my heated shop....

haven't tested the Milwaukee, but agree on the dewalt batteries...

cesco

Milwuakee has some options on the 1/2" drive. They range in max torque of 220 to 1400 ft-lbs. They did release a mid torque that still has 600 ft-lbs of torque that is lighter, smaller and cheaper than the 1400 ft-lb model. They also have a 5 year warranty with a brushless motor so no need to worry about changing out the brushes. I sell Milwaukee so I am obviously partial to them but I can tell you as far as the impact wrenches go they are proven quality. The only ones I have seen dropped off for repair are from water damage.

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Wich one would be better to get 1/2 inch or 3/8?
The question would be what are you going to use it for. If you need it for tire changing and bigger jobs, 1/2". Smaller jobs up to 1/2" nut, 3/8

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk while I'm supposed to be working

OP
OP
69broncofun

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
Well I would be using it for projects on my Bronco. What do you guys use? I guess I need to figure out what I need.

BUCKWILD

Loc.
Butte county
Milwaukee all the way have had two 18 volt impacts the new brushless is a beast. I never leave home without it. I have had a few others, nothing will compare

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
1/2 inch.. OR why not just get 1/2 and 3/8th while you're spending the $$ :)

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Well I would be using it for projects on my Bronco. What do you guys use? I guess I need to figure out what I need.

I use both. The smaller lighter 3/8 drive is easier to work (and mine has LED lights in the end to help in those dark areas) with until you need the 1/2" for the bigger jobs.

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
A friend just picked up the 400 ftlb 1/2 Milwaukee yesterday and was using it today to tear down a 7.3 and loves it. Said Home Depot matched CPO price. He used the "love" word quite a bit. Ken

OP
OP
69broncofun

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
A friend just picked up the 400 ftlb 1/2 Milwaukee yesterday and was using it today to tear down a 7.3 and loves it. Said Home Depot matched CPO price. He used the "love" word quite a bit. Ken

Sounds like Milwaukee is the ticket. Sears one looks good as well.

LeSpade

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Hilti

I worked for Hilti for 10 years and it is far superior than Dewalt, Bosch, Milwaukee, Kobalt, Makita. I have tested it vs all of these and it is hands down the best. With that in mind, if you want the best, you will pay more and not just a little more.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Milwaukee 18 volt lithiium ion cordless.... great for busting backhoe nuts loose...get the combo kit with the 3/8" impact...

I haven't used either of my air impacts or ratchets since I got the Milwaukee... batter lasts a looooong time!