• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

In My Garage

POG

Hello
I joined this forum 10 years ago in 2011. That was about 10 years after I bought a 1976 from the original owner. Yes, I've had this truck in my garage for over 20 years. I drove it for a few weeks and then parked it with a plan to work on it. I had the carb rebuilt shortly after I got it and that's about it! I did buy a Kentrol tub , a power steering gear, and a Centech harness. It has 49000 miles on it but as I live in the midwest it has rust. Like others have said "life gets in the way". I should mention that my wife has been VERY supportive of the 'project'. Her ideas for what she would do with it are #1 Throw a little chunk of it in the garbage every week and eventually it would be gone #2 Contact other wives who have husbands with 'vintage classic cars' and tell them that for 10 bucks they can come and beat on mine using the hammer of their choice # 3 Haul it to the crusher. When I picked it up from original owner, she refused to get out of the car! I realize that my biggest mistake was telling her "this isn't going to just sit in the garage......."
Anyway, have a look I have enjoyed this site for a long time. Always find interesting Bronco info on it

POG (poor old guy)

Attachments

• IMG_0259.JPG
    IMG_0259.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0263.JPG
    IMG_0263.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0264.JPG
    IMG_0264.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0265.JPG
    IMG_0265.JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0266.JPG
    IMG_0266.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0267.JPG
    IMG_0267.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0268.JPG
    IMG_0268.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0269.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0270.JPG
    IMG_0270.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0271.JPG
    IMG_0271.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 114

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That’s a great story. Especially the part about the wife’s support!
Of course, you can both have the last laugh if and when you do decide to sell it after it’s put together. The values I have done nothing but go up since you bought it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And based on the pictures, heck it’s almost ready to drive! Just strap a lawn chair in there and go baby go!

OP
OP
P

POG

Attachments

• IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0307.JPG
    IMG_0307.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0312.JPG
    IMG_0312.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0311.JPG
    IMG_0311.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 50

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
So, what work have you done to it recently? Where is the Kentrol tub? The pics are obviously the original body. It dose not look so bad that it needs replacing. I would keep as much of the original metal as you can and that will keep the value high. Besides the floorboards, where is the majority of the rust? Your wife has a great sense of humor!

U13FL735

Exactly as gnpenning says......Get it running and driving safetly, enjoy it, make plans, and fix things along the way. Threaten to buy 3 more for parts and park them in the yard.

Eastwood

That sucks when you don't have spousal support. I had my Bronco before I got married and my wife hated it. Now she's my ex-wife and the Bronco is still in the garage. Funny thing is, most of my friends wives thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
too bad your dreams were bigger than you could support. now rethink the dream and buy 6 pints of Por15 and kill the rust. now you need to deal with the brakes and tires. try to do no harm to the outside paint other than clean and polish it. leave it in arrested decay. Hopefully the motor isnt seized. its a shame your stick in the mud wife has no support hopefully she supports you in other areas of your life. 20 years is a long time at least stored inside. This Bronco is worth double what you paid for it if you get it back in condition from whence you bought it. but its going to cost you. the thing about dreams they keep coming back until you achieve them. Throw a Bronco party maybe you can get some help. whats your closest city?

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
That’s a daily driver up here in New England! I have two in the barn, both projects. Keep the faith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoker

Don't give up. It loks like a great project.....not too much rust.

Mine was 22 years in the garage.....and still working on it. Every winter I undertake a small project then enjoy it all summer. This winter I'm rebuilding my 4 speed toploader.

It's woth the wait.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hello
I joined this forum 10 years ago in 2011. That was about 10 years after I bought a 1976 from the original owner. Yes, I've had this truck in my garage for over 20 years. I drove it for a few weeks and then parked it with a plan to work on it. I had the carb rebuilt shortly after I got it and that's about it! I did buy a Kentrol tub , a power steering gear, and a Centech harness. It has 49000 miles on it but as I live in the midwest it has rust. Like others have said "life gets in the way". I should mention that my wife has been VERY supportive of the 'project'. Her ideas for what she would do with it are #1 Throw a little chunk of it in the garbage every week and eventually it would be gone #2 Contact other wives who have husbands with 'vintage classic cars' and tell them that for 10 bucks they can come and beat on mine using the hammer of their choice # 3 Haul it to the crusher. When I picked it up from original owner, she refused to get out of the car! I realize that my biggest mistake was telling her "this isn't going to just sit in the garage......."
Anyway, have a look I have enjoyed this site for a long time. Always find interesting Bronco info on it

POG (poor old guy)

Lots of potential pog.. get out enjoy that thing