• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Inboard shock mount...anybody using them?

apachetech

Loc.
Mountain Home, Idaho
Has anybody used the inboard shock mounts? Are they good for articulation and solid driving on the street?

I am considering going with the inboard shock mounts and F250 mounts up front for a long travel system in a LUBR.

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogue Valley, OR
I picked one up and installed it but I'm not oin he road yet so I cant discuss rod manners. I can tell you I intalled per the directions and had I not used a body lift there is no way the body would have gone back on. I'm also having a custim exhaust made so I'm not sure how it works around those issues.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I'm runnng the rear inboard shock set up and the F250 towers in the front. 3 1/2 SL plus 1 BL on 35's with 12' extended radius arms. Fine on the street and handles well. No issue with body roll. I assume on a LUBER you won't run over 33's?

OP
OP
apachetech

apachetech

Loc.
Mountain Home, Idaho
No, I plan to run 33x10.5x15 KM2 tires. That is great to hear! Do you know if the long travel shock mounts from WH are the same as the F250 mounts?

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
Loc.
Excel
I was running the rear inboard shock setup and the F250 towers in the front with 3 ½” SL plus 2” BL on 35's with 12' extended radius arms. Mine handled fine on the street. Some added body roll but barely noticeable. I now have 5 ½” SL and 39.5s but I have not driven it with this setup. I have a picture in my gallery of my inboard setup.

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I built a rear inboard shock mount out of 2x4 square tube laid across the top of the frame rail. I have a 2.5" body lift...... very simple and CHEAP!

IMG_0759.jpg

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
The only issue I've had with my inboard mounts is that the passenger side interferes with my super single exhaust. I hammer clearanced the exhaust but I really need to have it rerouted some. And this happened only because I had the super single installed prior to going to the inboard set up.

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Yea I spent a day with Gary at Discount Muffler trying to wrap my exhaust around the shocks so they didn't hit.....

IMG_0762.jpg

We cut off the exhaust just past the Flowmasters....

IMG_0766.jpg

Hit bent pipe, then tacked it, then tested......

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Here's a more recent shot of the upper 2x4 and mounts......

Attachments

• IMG_3955.jpg
    IMG_3955.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 31