• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Inboard shock mount ?

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
Hey guys I was getting ready to mount my inboard shock mounts and I saw on the instrs it says to be sure and weld it on. I've seen a few pics of this mount bolted on. Do y'all really think it needs to be welded? It seems like the bolts would be enough. What's y'all's opinions on this? Thanks!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
How do you propose to bolt it?

If you bolt it on using inserts through the frame and use 2 or 3 bolts on each side it would be fine. But that's a lot more work than just welding it on!

I welded my inboard shock mount.

OP
OP
4x4man514

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
I guess your right it would be easier. My welder and bronco are in two different places and my bad back was trying to reason me out of hauling the welder to my house. Lol. I welded it on my old bronco.

The other reason was I was gonna mount my fuel pumps switches and acc close in that area. I figured I might have to remove it to get in there.